Scripture You Probably Have Newer Seen Until Today

iamaberean

'Woman' is what Adam called Eve before eating of the tree of knowledge.
Gen 2:23

Trees in the Garden of Eden were symbolic of other people, one being the wicked one, the deceiver and also known as the serpent.
Eze 31

'Cain' was not Adam's son.
1Jn 3:11-12

More to come!

iamaberean

In much of the bible we must use our heads.
The flood was local, killing those children of Adam and Eve that had intermarried with some of the wicked ones. When the bible says the flood was upon the whole world, that is the world as Noah knew it.
What is the proof of this?

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
and Jesus to the Jews,
Joh 8:44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I should also point out that most of the Jews that were in Jerusalem at the time of Christ were not of the tribe of Jubal. They were mostly of Babylon who brought some of the tribe of Jubal with them to rebuild the temple in 509 bc. The Jews that Jesus was talking to were those of Babylon decent and Jesus knows his own from the tares,

iamaberean

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
House of Israel is referring to his children that had lived in the northern part of Israel until 722 bc when they were taken as slaves by the Assyrians. They never returned to Israel.

In the southern division lived the Judah and part of the Benjamin tribe until the Chaldeans conquered the kingdom of Judah and completely destroyed Jerusalem in 586 B.C. Later some of the Jews were allowed to return to southern Israel to help in the rebuilding of the temple.

All of the tribes that had been in Israel were scattered because they had gone whoring after other Gods. Many of the Gentiles that were living in Jerusalem took up the Jewish religion after the temple was being rebuilt. King Herod was one of them, remember him, he had all of the babies in Israel killed after Jesus was born.

If you would read 'The War of the Jews' you would quickly assume correctly that all of those living in the temple of that time were possessed by the wicked one.

Anyway, Jesus and the Apostles obviously knew where to find the lost sheep of Israel and that is where they went. Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles, and after three years, he joined the other Apostles.

iamaberean

How do we know that?

Which people did the trees symbolize?

What do you mean by that?
Peace.

Eze 31:2 Son of man, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, and to his multitude; Whom art thou like in thy greatness?
Eze 31:3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
Pharaoh was like the Assyrian and he was a cedar tree.

Eze 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
Trees don't envy, but God is saying that all the trees in his garden, Eden, envied him.

We also have to use the words used in the bible, beguiled (seduced), by a snake. After Eve submitted to the seduction, Adam did also. After doing so they had the knowledge of evil of doing this thing, and they tried to hide from God.

We know that when Eve had her first born, it looked so much like the snake, that she:
Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
She knew the child did not look like Adam, so she assumed correctly it had to be the one who deceived her for he claimed to be God.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Again, Cain was the son of the wicked one, the devil in a body he had possessed.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel, second of twins but not identical.

iamaberean

Another point:
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus is speaking a truth and we need to accept the fact that the Devil has children here on earth!

Greek2Me

Understand that to be the "Son of <Something>" did not necessarily mean biological descent. As Jesus was calling disciples Mark tells us that He called out "James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James, to whom He gave the name Boanerges, that is, “Sons of Thunder”. This was simply to say that they "resembled" something, as a son may bear strong resemblance to his parent. They were apparently very loud and boisterous, not hesitating to speak their minds.

I John 3 in no way says that Adam did not "father" Cain, and other Scripture clearly states that he DID. "Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.” (Gen 4:1) The Epistle is only stating that Cain "resembled" or "acted like" the Evil One, NOT that Satan had actually produced him.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

'Woman' is what Adam called Eve before eating of the tree of knowledge.
Gen 2:23

So what?

Trees in the Garden of Eden were symbolic of other people, one being the wicked one, the deceiver and also known as the serpent.
Eze 31
People were likened to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It is a stretch that the text does not support to go further than that.

Was Abel his brother?

I predict you won't answer. Please prove me wrong.

By the way, I make it a policy not to respond to people who refuse to use the normal type font, except for emphasis of a particular portion of their posts. It makes it a pain in the butt to quote your posts, as seen in the silly looking quote at the beginning of this post.
If you insist on being "creative" (i.e. annoying) with your type font, expect for me (and several others) to place you on the ignore list. Not that you'd necessarily care about that.

Resting in Him,
Clete

iamaberean

So what?

People were likened to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. It is a stretch that the text does not support to go further than that.

Was Abel his brother?

I predict you won't answer. Please prove me wrong.

Clete

Yes, Abel was his brother and Eve was his mother, but Adam was not his father. There is no scripture that says he is but at least one that says he is not.

I have given you scripture that says 'Cain is of the wicked one'. Give me a scripture that states Adam was his father.

No font or color for you.

Bard_the_Bowman

Yes, Abel was his brother and Eve was his mother, but Adam was not his father. There is no scripture that says he is but at least one that says he is not.

Actually, there is a scripture that says that Adam is Cain's father and you quoted it yourself:

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

To "know" one's wife means to "have sexual intercourse" with her. So Adam had sexual intercourse with Eve, and she conceived and bore Cain. A plain reading of the text makes it pretty clear that Adam is Cain's father.

The reason she says I have gotten a man from the Lord is the same thing as today when people say, "The Lord has given me a son." or something.

We know that when Eve had her first born, it looked so much like the snake, that she:

She knew the child did not look like Adam, so she assumed correctly it had to be the one who deceived her

No disrespect intended but your statements above are really just fanciful speculations.

Cain looked like a snake but didn't look like Adam? Even though Eve conceived from having sexual relations with Adam?

That is quite a stretch.

for he claimed to be God.

Can you show me where it is that Satan claims to be God? I don't remember where that is. Thanks.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Again, Cain was the son of the wicked one, the devil in a body he had possessed.

I probably do not know the bible as well as you do but I have never heard of Satan possessing a body and then having sexual intercourse with people.

That sounds really just made up to me.

It makes more sense that Cain can be called "son" of the wicked one because of his evil actions not because he literally was the offspring of Satan. The same is true when Jesus says that their father is the devil in John 8:44.

Peace.

CherubRam

All who do evil are called children of the devil. It is parabolic. There are two parabolic meanings to the word (tree-s.) #1 is (fruit) of that (precept / concept.) #2 is (person-s.) Other than that, the trees are literal. I would like to commend you on the acknowledgement that the bible speaks often in parables.

1 John 3:11-12. NIV

11 For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous.

CherubRam

The original biblical name of Eve is "Chava in modern Hebrew." In ancient Hebrew and Aramaic it is Hawah, which mean life's foundation. That is where we get the word (womb-man.) (Woman) Woman is the contracted form of (womb-man.)

ttruscott

Matt13:36-39, the people of the kingdom are the elect good but sinful seed sown, not created, into the world by the Son of Man while the people of the evil one, the goats called tares are the people of the evil one and the devil sows them, not creates them, into this world as their father.

Your Spiritual Father is the one who sows you into the world due to your allegiance to him by faith and that can be into any earthly blood line.

iamaberean

Now let delve a little deeper into scripture.
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
na sha'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

According to scripture let us read about the serpentl

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Who took the blood of righteous Abel? The serpent Cain.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

I have given you scripture that says 'Cain is of the wicked one'. Give me a scripture that states Adam was his father.

No font or color for you.

This is an argument from silence. Not only is that a bad way of doing theology but it's a bad way of doing thinking in general.
There aren't too many ways to prove a negative in the first place but regardless, you're the one making the claim so the burden of proof is on you, not me and the single verse you cite is hardly proof. Hopefully, you're not too dogmatic about a doctrine based on that single verse.

But since you asked for a verse...

Genesis 4:1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, “I have acquired a man from the Lord.” 2 Then she bore again, this time his brother Abel.​

I'm curious, where does the line of reasoning go from Cane is the son of Satan? What's the payoff? What difference does it make?

That's one question asked several different ways just for the sake of clarity. And it is a real question, by the way. I'm not trying to belittle the idea, I'm actually curious to know just what the point of such a doctrine would be. I mean, there's the obvious implication that Eve was either raped by Satan or that she had adulterous relations with him. A sin (adultery), by the way, that God would later make a capital crime on par with murder and a sin for which she was appearantly never punished for as Cane was for murdering his brother. I find it surprising that God decided to leave such an important event out of scripture except for the vague implication you have inserted into that verse that could just as easily be an example of a very common idiomatic expression.

And thank you for skipping the font changes for me. It might seem silly but it really does annoy the crap out of me.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Two good responses here:

It makes more sense that Cain can be called "son" of the wicked one because of his evil actions not because he literally was the offspring of Satan. The same is true when Jesus says that their father is the devil in John 8:44.

Peace.
Yeppers.
Just as scripture says anyone can be considered an offspring of Abraham even though they are not literal descendants/offspring of Abraham.

All who do evil are called children of the devil. It is parabolic. There are two parabolic meanings to the word (tree-s.) #1 is (fruit) of that (precept / concept.) #2 is (person-s.) Other than that, the trees are literal. I would like to commend you on the acknowledgement that the bible speaks often in parables.

1 John 3:11-12. NIV

11 For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12 Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous.
Yeppers.

It would make no sense to tell us to not be as Cain, if that meant to not be a literal offspring of Satan.

Acts 17:26 KJV
(26) And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

I'm curious, where does the line of reasoning go from Cane is the son of Satan?

Perhaps serpent seed (false) doctrine? :idunno:

This is being promoted by Jonathan Kleck on YouTube. His authority? Himself. :rolleyes: He was
quoties.gif
visited by Michael the archangel, :granite: etc. (2 Pe 2:1).

See:

What is the Serpent Seed doctrine? Was Cain the result of a sexual union between Eve and the serpent (Satan)?

iamaberean

I'm curious, where does the line of reasoning go from Cane is the son of Satan? What's the payoff? What difference does it make?

Resting in Him,
Clete

To me it is about knowing God's word. It started 20 years ago when my son ask me about 'preterism'. I told him I had never heard of it but I would study. I instinctively knew that this would not be an easy task, so in prayer I told God that I wanted the truth and would accept what ever he showed me. The biggest jump in understanding the bible came within the year. Since then if there is something that isn't clear I ask God to explain it. This is the reasons all my answers are scripture.

So here we go. Anybody who doesn't believe there is a devil is not living in the real world.

Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled in Hebrew
na sha'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
1. The serpent is the Devil and Satan.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2. Beguiled in Hebrew means seduced or deceived but probably both.

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
3. Jesus is not just putting words together, he means they do the deeds of the Devil.

Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
4. They, those that did not believe on Him could not understand him.

Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
5.Jesus calls them serpents and vipers and tells them that will bear the blame for all the righteous blood shed from the blood of righteous Abel.
We know Cain slew Abel so accordingly Cain would also be a devil. That was not because Adam was his father but because the Serpant, the Devil, was his father.

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
6. God told Satan that he would put hatred between his seed (offspring) and her seed (offspring). The first hatred between the seed of the devil and the seed of Eve was when Cain slew Abel.

To me these things are important because God has added to my knowledge of him, no other reason other than to share it with you.

May the LORD bless us in our journey with Him.

marhig

Eze 31

Yes I agree, I've known this also for a long time now. Also, those born of God bare fruit, just as a tree bares fruit.

Jesus said, those who have ears to hear, hear!