Saddam Hussein, a look back

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The history revision will never end, that was one thing I thought of. After detailing 300,000 in mass graves (that were actually found) courtesy of sarin nerve gas and mustard gas, then he magically didn't have any WMDs. They didn't mention he tried to be buy the Yellow Cake in Africa.

They should have detailed more of the 90s. They jumped from Desert Storm to 9-11. They only briefly talked about showing the bodies of his sons and why.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
.... then he magically didn't have any WMDs....

this always irks me

saddam had and used wmd's in the past - during the war with iran and on his own kurdish population

saddam was actively trying to acquire and develop more wmds

and saddam was in possession of wmd's immediately prior to the us invasion in 2003

ok doser

:freak:

are you suggesting that Duterte is a supporter of genocide?

or trump?

ok doser

well, i don't agree with duterte's policy of targeting users

but dealers and sellers, even low level, should be dealt with harshly

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"During their “very friendly conversation,” the administration said in a late-night statement, Mr. Trump invited Mr. Duterte, an authoritarian leader accused of ordering extrajudicial killings of drug suspects in the Philippines"
The New York Times is calling him 'authoritarian', it is the paper who is suggesting this. The same with 'drug suspects' when other sorces say they were confirmed drug users and dealers.

"“By essentially endorsing Duterte’s murderous war on drugs, Trump is now morally complicit in future killings,” said John Sifton, the Asia advocacy director of Human Rights Watch. “Although the traits of his personality likely make it impossible, Trump should be ashamed of himself.”"

Mr. Sifton is a liberal extremist, who would rather see anything goes as long as no one in any authority, with different views enforces laws.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/us/politics/trump-duterte.html?_r=0
Duterte has justified the drug war by claiming that the Philippines was becoming a "narco-state". In October 2016, Amnesty International stated there is "little evidence" of this; according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the prevalence of drug use in the country is lower than the global average.[96] He has dismissed the UN's human rights concerns by dehumanizing drug users, stating in August 2016: "Crime against humanity? In the first place, I'd like to be frank with you. Are they humans? What is your definition of a human being?"[97] Despite the controversial war on Drugs, Duterte public approval remains at over 80% as of October 2016.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Duterte

ok doser

"During their “very friendly conversation,” the administration said in a late-night statement, Mr. Trump invited Mr. Duterte, an authoritarian leader accused of ordering extrajudicial killings of drug suspects in the Philippines"
The New York Times is calling him 'authoritarian', it is the paper who is suggesting this. The same with 'drug suspects' when other sorces say they were confirmed drug users and dealers.

"“By essentially endorsing Duterte’s murderous war on drugs, Trump is now morally complicit in future killings,” said John Sifton, the Asia advocacy director of Human Rights Watch. “Although the traits of his personality likely make it impossible, Trump should be ashamed of himself.”"

Mr. Sifton is a liberal extremist, who would rather see anything goes as long as no one in any authority, with different views enforces laws.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/30/us/politics/trump-duterte.html?_r=0
Duterte has justified the drug war by claiming that the Philippines was becoming a "narco-state". In October 2016, Amnesty International stated there is "little evidence" of this; according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the prevalence of drug use in the country is lower than the global average.[96] He has dismissed the UN's human rights concerns by dehumanizing drug users, stating in August 2016: "Crime against humanity? In the first place, I'd like to be frank with you. Are they humans? What is your definition of a human being?"[97] Despite the controversial war on Drugs, Duterte public approval remains at over 80% as of October 2016.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Duterte

:thumb:

i'd prefer to view users/addicts as suffering from a medical condition and in need of medical assistance and education

those who profit from their sickness should be treated as the leeches that they are