Rocky Mtn News: As a Pastor, do you approve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Rocky Mtn News: As a Pastor, do you approve...

Tuesday March 29th, 2005. This is show #62.

PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
[USA Today] reported yesterday on our church members who were in Florida, one Doug McBurney trying to bring a cup of water to Terry Schaivo. And the Rocky Mountain News today called me and asked me if I approved of this. ...And I said, "You're asking me as the pastor of a Christian church if I approve of one of our members trying to give a cup of water to a dying woman? Maybe you want to rephrase that question because obviously there's some kind of an objection lurking in your question and I don't understand it."
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Caller Robbie in Colorado Springs: I just wondered if the story of the good Samaritan would have been in the Bible if the Samaritan would have walked up and the guy on the road would have been surrounded by lawyers and politicians debating on what to do and told him to get out of their way until they made up their minds.

Bob Enyart: Robbie, you're brilliant. You know why? Because in the Bible, Jesus said that the robbers stripped him. And so we wouldn't have known if he left a "written directive" that he wanted to be saved.

Robbie: That's right. And another thing, didn't one of the guys walk off because he was going to temple and he didn't want to become unclean because he was following the Law so he left him laying there?

Status
Not open for further replies.