RN Cheryl Ford Asked: Why are they killing Terri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RN Cheryl Ford Asked: Why are they killing Terri?

Tuesday March 1st, 2005. This is show #42.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
When people buy into this culture of death, that they advocate you should have a right to kill an unborn child, the right to kill an elderly person who's perhaps sick, they look for excuses, they look for opportunities to kill people. It becomes part of what they see as validating themselves and their position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I wonder how the tenor of the debate would have changed had Terri explicitly wanted to die in these circumstances...:think:

wholearmor

Originally posted by granite1010

I wonder how the tenor of the debate would have changed had Terri explicitly wanted to die in these circumstances...:think:

How could she have known ahead of time? It's easy to look at someone and say, "I wouldn't want to live that way," and then possibly find yourself changing your mind when you find yourself in that condition.

Didn't most everyone think, "I wouldn't want to live that way," when observing Christopher Reeve after his accident? Are you saying he should have been able to indicate in a living will that he should be killed if he ended up a quadriplegic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.