ECT Repentance is no guarantee of salvation. As insincere repentance is no repentance at

Capricorn

BANNED
Banned
Titus 1:2 - in the hope of eternal life that GOD, WHO NEVER LIES, promised before the ages began

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, HE IS FAITHFUL and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

On the face of it, Titus 1:2 says that “God cannot lie”, and so it can be logically inferred that “God will always honour his pledge to forgive anybody who has repented of their sins as promised in 1 John 1:9”.

However, there are no absolutes at all in the Bible and the above Scripture cannot always be true due to the INSINCERITY of some people who have allegedly ‘repented’ of their sins.

INSINCERE repentance doesn’t count at all and will be rejected out of hand; as INSINCERE repentance is no repentance whatsoever.

Lack of SINCERITY is easily detected by God who is the Judge of all: Jeremiah 16:17, Luke 12:2, Hebrews 4:13.

Lack of SINCERITY might include the following indicators:-

- Paying lip service
- Recalcitrant words or actions
- Repeat offences
- Scepticism
- Wavering and vacillating
- Lack of conviction

All of these serve to highlight that this person was NEVER sincere to begin with.

Thus, so called ‘repentance’ which is INSINCERE doesn’t count as repentance at all, and will be dismissed, disregarded or rejected on the day of Judgment: Matthew 7:21-23, 25:41.

Therefore, despite the above Scripture, God is still at liberty to reject so called ‘repentance’ which is INSINCERE without being called a ‘liar’.

Therefore, God’s INTEGRITY cannot be compromised, and his integrity is still INTACT because INSINCERE ‘repentance’ is no repentance at all, and insincere repentance can always be dismissed, disregarded or rejected without God being called a ‘liar’.

Ultimately, God knows what is in each person’s HEART, so that only God can say whether or not you are SINCERE: Jeremiah 16:17, Luke 12:2, Hebrews 4:13.

However, those individuals concerned have no say in this matter; as people make false statements all the time, and they claim to be ‘sincere’ when in actual fact they are not sincere at all.

Therefore, it is entirely God’s choice whether you will live or not and his choice is final: Romans 9:16, 21.

Therefore, repentance is no guarantee of salvation at all, as it can always be rejected on the grounds of INSINCERITY.

For how long is a piece of string, or what is the value of X?

However, only God knows how long is a piece of string or the value of X by assigning a value in each case: Romans 9:21.

Therefore, only God knows whether or not you are “sincere”, and whether or not you are saved: Romans 9:16, 21.

Therefore, repentance is no guarantee of salvation at all, as it can always be rejected on the grounds of ‘insincerity’; but only God can decide whether you are ‘sincere’ or not.

Ultimately, it is God’s choice whether you will live or not: Romans 9:16, 21.

True or false?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry Shugart

Ultimately, it is God’s choice whether you will live or not: Romans 9:16, 21.

All judgment has been given to the Lord Jesus:

"Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son" (Jn.5:22).​

The Lord Jesus' following words tell us exactly how He will judge who is saved:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

The Lord Jesus makes it plain that those who lived under the law received the following spiritual blessings by "believing" and nothing more:

"I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die" (Jn.11:25-26).​

"For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day" (Jn.6:40).​

"Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).​

It's not complicated.