Regrets

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The much-anticipated Nunes memo, released Friday after weeks of feverish build-up on the far-right, appears to be a dud. The declassified report accuses a group of current and former Justice Department and F.B.I. officials—including James Comey, his former deputy Andrew McCabe, and current Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein—of approving applications to surveil Trump campaign adviser Carter Page without disclosing that ex-British intelligence spy Christopher Steele, who compiled an intelligence dossier used in the warrant, was paid by Democratic sources and harbored anti-Trump bias. The most damning piece of evidence is the allegation that McCabe had testified in December that the warrant would not have been sought without the dossier, although two sources subsequently told The Daily Beast that particular claim is not true. Nowhere in the four-page memo is it noted that Page had already been on the F.B.I.’s radar, after he was targeted for recruitment by Russia’s Foreign Intelligence Service years earlier.

The consequences could be more than just a letdown for Trump. Rather than providing a smoking gun to discredit the Mueller investigation, it now seems that the president may have needlessly antagonized the F.B.I., and added to the perception that he is obstructing the Russia probe, with little political payoff. Some within the White House seemed to have anticipated that outcome, and had moved to downplay the memo’s significance in the days before its release. According to The Washington Post, Chief of Staff John Kelly had cautioned “that releasing the memo would not risk national security but that the document was not as compelling as some of its advocates had promised Trump.” Axios picked up whispers that several White House aides who had seen the memo were “fairly underwhelmed” and worried that it would be a lemon.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/02/donald-trump-christopher-wray-nunes-memo

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
BBIChOa.img

History will record that with Devin Nunes on your side you don't need enemies - Democrats are thanking their lucky stars that he's a Republican!

After days of partisan Republican hype, the Nunes Memo has produced a "NOTHINGBURGER!"

Unfortunately, the only winner between this struggle between the White House/Republicans and America's institutions (FBI, DOJ, mainstream media) for the hearts and minds of the American public is Putin's Russia!

The Republicans in their frantic efforts to "circle the wagons" around the White House, are now "EATING" their own Trump nominees - FBI Director McCabe, Assistant Attorney General Rosenstein, Attorney General Sessions!

rexlunae

Rachel Maddow pointed out something interesting tonight. Several months ago, Carter Page gave an interview to Chris Hayes, in which he predicted that Paul Ryan would approve the release of information about his own case.

And then it happened.

Which raises a question, for me. How did Carter Page know what Paul Ryan was going to do month ahead of time?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Rachel Maddow pointed out something interesting tonight. Several months ago, Carter Page gave an interview to Chris Hayes, in which he predicted that Paul Ryan would approve the release of information about his own case.

And then it happened.

Which raises a question, for me. How did Carter Page know what Paul Ryan was going to do month ahead of time?

9ed341ae723962d86299ab4d365d32e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TOL