Real Science Friday: So, Who's Superstitious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Real Science Friday: So, Who's Superstitious?

This is the show from Friday May 22nd, 2009.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
[SETI researcer Seth Shostak] was asked, "Why do you think extraterrestrials exist?" [He answered], "To believe that they don't exist requires positing that what's happened on Earth is some sort of miracle. I find that premise a tougher sell than to think that intellegence is a fairly frequent development in a 14 billion year old cosmos."

So he's saying, "Well, I have to believe in evolution otherwise there was a miracle on Earth." And so that's what motivates them. And they act like they are above bias. "Oh, we are objective evolutionists." And they should be able to acknowledge their bias and say, "We interpret everything based on our resistance to God. It's God that we object to."

SUMMARY:

* Real Science Friday Co-hosts: CRS webmaster Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss ancient concepts of atoms, God's engineering skill, man's latest inventions based on God's original designs, and studies that show that Bible-believing Christians are the least likely to be duped by stories of aliens, séances, etc.

* Today's Resource: Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out Guillermo Gonzalez' Privileged Planet (clip), Illustra Media's Unlocking the Mystery of Life (clip)! You can consider our BEL Science Pack; Bob Enyart's Age of the Earth Debate; Walt Brown's In the Beginning and Bob's interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week; the superb kids' radio programming, Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI's tremendous Creation magazine!

Last edited by a moderator:

PlastikBuddha

[SETI researcer Seth Shostak] was asked, "Why do you think extraterrestrials exist?" [He answered], "To believe that they don't exist requires positing that what's happened on Earth is some sort of miracle. I find that premise a tougher sell than to think that intellegence is a fairly frequent development in a 14 billion year old cosmos."

So he's saying, "Well, I have to believe in evolution otherwise there was a miracle on Earth." And so that's what motivates them. And they act like they are above bias. "Oh, we are objective evolutionists." And they should be able to acknowledge their bias and say, "We interpret everything based on our resistance to God. It's God that we object to." ]
:rolleyes:
How you could possibly get the "translation" offered in the best "quote" of the show from Shostak's statement is the real miracle...

Johnny

So he's saying, "Well, I have to believe in evolution otherwise there was a miracle on Earth." And so that's what motivates them. And they act like they are above bias. "Oh, we are objective evolutionists." And they should be able to acknowledge their bias and say, "We interpret everything based on our resistance to God. It's God that we object to."
Wut.

Status
Not open for further replies.