Real Science Friday Predicts: Two-mile Deep Lake To Surprise Russians

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RSF Predicts: Two-mile Deep Lake To Surprise Russians

This is the show from Friday, March 2nd 2012.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
I think we can make a prediction. My prediction would be about their [ie. the Russian scientists. See below] reaction. Whatever they do find, they’re going to say, “Who would have thought that this could have stayed like this for 20 million years?”

SUMMARY:

* Liquid Water Below Antarctica; Comets in Space
: The Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams make a prediction about the reaction that we will hear from Russian scientists in a few months when they return to their 2-mile deep bore hole into Lake Vostok in Antarctica and begin to remotely explore that massive body of fresh water that atheists think, incorrectly, that has been sealed off from light and air for about 20 million years.

* Butterfly Update and Where Did the Water Go? Bob and Fred discuss an article from the Institute for Creation Research that uses the latest NASA space photo of the Earth to help answer the question, Where did all the water from the global flood go? (See the image to the left centered on the Pacific Ocean.) The guys also discuss two articles in the current Answers Magazine about butterfly technology and about what triggered the flood. RSF suggests that meteors could not have triggered the flood because they are the result of the flood. And finally, in the same vein, the two take issue with space.com's claim that a black hole at the heart of the Milky Way galaxy is devouring an asteroid about once a day. After all, asteroids are flying rock piles, and comets are dirty snow balls, and knowing their source really helps make the cosmos more understandable and our scientific predictions more reliable!

The BEL Telethon is at $20,600 of $30,000

Thank you so much! But we still need help! Please consider one or more of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, they will also help to better understand the Bible and equip you to be a better witness to those around you.

1. Our newest monthly subscription is our Monthly Sermons on audio CD. For many years we have offered the sermons on MP3-CD, but now you can get the Monthly Sermons on standard audio Compact Disc that will play on any CD player, including the one in your car. All of the sermons from the month will be sent to you in a multiple CD album.

2. Monthly Bible Study Videos - You will receive a months worth of weekly Bible studies each month. These video Bible studies are great for starting a family Bible study of even a neighborhood study.

3. Monthly Sermon Videos - You will receive all sermons from the month will be sent to you on DVD. Video is a great way to watch the sermons with your family.

4. Monthly Bible Study Audios on MP3- CD.

5. Monthly Sermon Audios on MP3-CD.

6. Monthly Topical Videos - Each month your will get one of Bob's great topical videos.

7. Best of Bob - Each month you get the best 8 shows of the month on MP3-CD.

8. Monthly TV Classics

9. Monthly Donation

* Free Gift: When you subscribe to any monthly subscription, new monthly donation of $20.00 or more or a one time donation of $50.00 or more, we will send you Bob's video series Having a Great Prayer Life.

Order online or call 303-463-7789 or 1-800-8Enyart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, come on! You can see the entire nation of New Zealand in that pic! :sozo2:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Butterflies are fascinating. I never heard of the metamorphosis described as the caterpillar dissolving itself. Funniest statement---> "Turning into a puddle over there".

I never thought of the flood as being the origin of space objects like comets and meteors. Interesting! :thumb:

alwight

* Liquid Water Below Antarctica; Comets in Space: The Real Science Friday co-hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams make a prediction about the reaction that we will hear from Russian scientists in a few months when they return to their 2-mile deep bore hole into Lake Vostok in Antarctica and begin to remotely explore that massive body of fresh water that atheists think, incorrectly, that has been sealed off from light and air for about 20 million years.

It'll need to be a pretty big gusher. I wonder if Bob & Fred have got any "inside" facts or is it just another YEC speculative pre-conclusion which will all be forgotten just as soon as the real facts are known?;)

:sherlock:
global-water-volume.jpg

How much water is there on, in, and above the Earth?
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/earthhowmuch.html

Frayed Knot

It'll need to be a pretty big gusher. I wonder if Bob & Fred have got any "inside" facts or is it just another YEC speculative pre-conclusion which will all be forgotten just as soon as the real facts are known?;)

Since they don't know what's down there, I think anything they find is going to be a surprise. So no matter what happens, Bob & Fred can claim that their prediction was correct.

Then they can take those findings and figure out a way to distort them to support the creationist lunacy.