Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Real Science Friday Plant Dimmers

This is the show from Friday November 14th, 2008.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
When they first found [this particular fossil] they said it was a human ancestor. Then they said it was a separate species [which] was 18,000 years old but...There's a scientist...a paleopathologist and...he took photos of the teeth and he said it looks like one of the teeth had a molar that was filled by a dentist in the 1930s. ...And he said I can settle this in minutes just by looking at the fossil. ...They won't allow him to look at the fossil. It's funny, isn't it?

SUMMRY:

* Real Science Friday: co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart report on
- the sophisticated dimmer switches that God built into plants so they don't overheat while absorbing sunlight;
- the study showing that those who believe in God are happier than atheists;
- churchgoers in England fall from 50% of the population a few decades ago to 4% today, and creationism is the preferred treatment for societal godlessness;
- the United Methodist Church apologizes to victims of eugenics because this horrendous chapter in human history did not begin with Hitler but with Darwin's immediate family, and while fundamental churches fought again eugenics, liberal churches like the Methodists advocated this grave wickedness, and what the NAZIs did was simply develop public policy out of this Darwinian concept.

* Post-show Update: You can watch 7News in Denver quoting Bob Enyart on the atheist billboards going up around town. They say, "Don't believe in God? You're not alone." This ABC affiliate quoted Bob Enyart and briefly showed modified version of the billboard that Bob read which states: "Don't believe in God? You're not alone. Signed, -God!" Journalist Russell Haythorn also interviewed atheist Joel Guttormson. Hey, wait a minute. That name. We know that name. Guttormson. How many Guttormsons (sons of the Guttorms) can there be in Denver? Elders of Denver Bible Church launched one of the leading Christian websites, TheologyOnline.com, and the webmaster of that site is our very own Eric Guttormson! So, I wonder if there is a relationship between Eric and Joel? Hmm.

Today's Resource: Bob Enyart Live will sign you up for a subscription to Creation Magazine as a thank you if you order the BEL Science Pack or Donate $100 or more to BEL (we really need your help)! You can help also by subscribing to our Monthly Sermons resource! Every month, you'll get Bob's sermons delivered to your door in the U.S. Mail. Also, you can consider subscribing to our BEL Televised Classicshttp://kgov.com/store/detail/subscriptions/tvclassics.html on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! These subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping BEL reach more people!

Jukia

Think we can get the name and contact info of the person referenced in the best quote section? Thanks

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Well, rather than wait until Pastor Bob or his guest got back to me, a few minutes on the internet provided the following

http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~pbrown3/Henneberg hobbit claim.htm

Looks like a professor from Australia named Maciej Henneberg raised the issues cited in the "best quote" above. But also looks like he may be mistaken.

Are you going to address the response I gave (click here) to you on your other question about the bacteria and the sources I provided that showed that Bob was not mistaken in his remarks?

Jukia

Are you going to address the response I gave (click here) to you on your other question about the bacteria and the sources I provided that showed that Bob was not mistaken in his remarks?

Nope.

The fact that Pastor Bob was not mistaken is not necessarily a plus on his side of the factual ledger. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. Even a quote mine can be accurate on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.