Real Science Friday CRSQ (Vol 43, Num 2 Conclusion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Real Science Friday CRSQ (Vol 43, Num 2 Conclusion)

This is the show from December 15th, 2006.

SUMMARY:

* Folding Proteins: Bob Enyart and Creation Research Society webmaster Fred Williams (of EvolutionFairyTale.com) discuss the current issue of CRSQ, a technical creation/evolution journal. Proteins are nothing, compared to the wildly complicated process of folding them! An evolutionist in New Scientist admits that the supposed "age of the Universe is short compared with the time it would take even a small protein to sample the many billion possible folds en route to the right one." That's tough for atheists. Yikes!

* Darwin's Head-On Collision: Atheists, etc., say that evolution happens so slowly we can't see it, but it has to operate fast enough for humans to evolve from apes in only six million years! And with the millions of genetic differences between the two, that would require mutations propagating throughout the entire genome at blazing fast speed. Not!

Today's Resources: Enjoy the BEL Science Pack and get a free subscription to Creation Research Society Quarterly! With the Science Pack you can watch tremendous documentaries, listen to Bob's Genesis Creation study album, read the best book on creation/evolution ever written, and hear a debate on the Age of the Earth! And then enjoy the extraordinary articles in CRSQ!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aethril

Fav Quote

Fav Quote

In reference to the question of, "give one example of a beneficial mutation?"... "Sickle cell anemia"
"That’s like saying blind people are more highly evolved because they can’t get poor night vision…if you’re blind, that’s not an improvement in the DNA because now you don’t need glasses"

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Great show! Interesting about the millions of genetic differences between apes and humans.

GuySmiley

Aethril said:
In reference to the question of, "give one example of a beneficial mutation?"... "Sickle cell anemia"
"That’s like saying blind people are more highly evolved because they can’t get poor night vision…if you’re blind, that’s not an improvement in the DNA because now you don’t need glasses"
That was great!

Johnny

GuySmiley said:
That was great!
How many times does it have to be explained you guys: SICKLE CELL TRAIT (WHICH IS NOT ANEMIA) IS VIRTUALLY ASYMPTOMATIC. Read that sentence as many times as it takes.

Aethril

Johnny said:
How many times does it have to be explained you guys: SICKLE CELL TRAIT (WHICH IS NOT ANEMIA) IS VIRTUALLY ASYMPTOMATIC. Read that sentence as many times as it takes.
Did you listen to the show?

Johnny

No, not yet.

Quick question: does enyart always do real science firdays? Or is it a once or twice a month kind of thing? I'd like to call, but I'd rather call on a day when he's already on the topic of science.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i read it like .. twice.

i listened to the show about 400 times ..

or at least i want to.

you lose Johnny. and its going to take 300 generations before that becomes established in your psyche ..

aharvey

When I clicked the link, I got "page not found." Too bad. I was vaguely interested in hearing why it is that "millions" of genetic differences could not possibly accumulate between two independently evolving lineages over six million years. Definitely a catchy hook, though: we can't see the results of evolution in realtime, so it's absurd that we would expect to see major results over millions of years! Quite an explicit rejection of the logic of a central tenet of evolutionary theory; i.e., small changes over short periods of time can accumulate over long periods of time, leading to large differences. I can't even guess why Bob thinks that statement is illogical (notice I didn't say wrong, I said illogical). Hopefully the show, if it resurrects, will be, um, enlightening.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
aharvey said:
When I clicked the link, I got "page not found." Too bad. I was vaguely interested in hearing why it is that "millions" of genetic differences could not possibly accumulate between two independently evolving lineages over six million years. Definitely a catchy hook, though: we can't see the results of evolution in realtime, so it's absurd that we would expect to see major results over millions of years! Quite an explicit rejection of the logic of a central tenet of evolutionary theory; i.e., small changes over short periods of time can accumulate over long periods of time, leading to large differences. I can't even guess why Bob thinks that statement is illogical (notice I didn't say wrong, I said illogical). Hopefully the show, if it resurrects, will be, um, enlightening.

Try this link:

http://kgov.com/bel_56kbps/20061215

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Not a good news cycle for atheists...

Not a good news cycle for atheists...

We just added this link to the Real Science Friday show summary at KGOV. The Inner Life of a Cell, made for Harvard biology students (also great for six-year-old homeschoolers and those who glory in God's creativity)!

Hey, this hasn't been a good news cycle for atheists.

From National Geographic: a world of micro-organisms inside a supposedly 220 million-year-old drop of amber, yet identical to today's bacterial, fungi, protozoans, etc. And it's funny that our own evolutionist, who was it (aharvey? I forget) repeated the evolutionist line to me that evolution works faster in tiny organisms than in large ones!

From NASA: more evidence to substantiate Walt Brown's explanation (search for "Deep Impact") for the formation of comets, which were expelled from the Earth's broken crust. Now that they've analyzed the guts of a comet, they say their theory that comets form in the outer solar system was dealt a blow when they found minerals "from the inner solar system" [read, "from the Earth" :ha::ha:], such as olivine, the most common of thousands of minerals on Earth.

T-rex with soft-tissues :ha:; Comets with obvious earth minerals :ha:; C-14 in diamonds :ha:, in coal :ha:, in dinosaur bones :ha::ha:; in oil :ha:, in gas :ha:, in fossils :ha:, (i.e., C-14 in everything "millions" of years old that should have no more); 220-million year old modern bacteria :ha:. And now the playwrite of a truthful account of the Scopes Trial tells me that he has signed Steve McEveety (the producer of We Were Soldiers, The Passion, Braveheart, etc.) to produce The Monkey Trial, to help set the record (including this Hollywood lie) straight!

Thanks,
-Bob Enyart

ps. aharvey, did you get around to that link of the show?

Riley

Listen man, let me explain to Mr. Enyart a little about the creation of life. In 1975 during my third visit to the Great Biaviian mothership near Saturn. I asked Tan to tell me where life itself began. I said, Tan, you have said that you believe that a great mega force or mind, does oversee and control the universe. Then can you tell me, where did that awesome mind-force begin? These are the words he said to me.

Tan: Friend Riley, I shall as best I can, attempt to explain to you, that which we have scientifically ascertained, concerning life's beginnings. In the darkness of the void, before time conceived a measure. Isotopic particles, through magnetic attraction, will migrate together and begin to form a core body. As the body grows, its gravitational pull, grows exponentially. Thus greater volumes of space particles, gasses and debris is gathered unto the host body.

Through countless eons, the body continues to grow. Until, through its own gravitational density, its awesome form will reach critical mass, thus causing the object to blow, to nova, sending out billions of pieces of itself in all directions. Perhaps billions of the hot pieces will become stars and suns. These stars and suns will gravitationally attract smaller space chunks, forming solar systems, planets, moons and asteroid belts.

Once locked in orbits around that sun, and depending upon distance, chemical and gasseous content, certain surface conditions will begin to transpire.
Pressure induced thermal energy within the new planetoids, will heat the stratus, melting and liquefying frozen deposits in its fissures. This superheated liquid will burst fourth like great geysers, into the virgin ether of that planets lower stratus, forming clouds and turbulent acid rains. Which will ultimately form the oceans and seas. Moisture captured at high altitudes, upon seasonal melting will ultimately create the rivers, springs and lakes.

Electrostatic disturbances within the clouds will send fourth bursts of raw energy, or lightning. Which will agitate and change certain molecules within the nucleic acids, of the saline waters. Causing the positive to combine with the negative particles, forming varied carbon configurations. These new living renditions, in seeking to maintain the energy within, will instinctively begin to seek out and consume other particles, thus began the predatory aspects of species coming to be.

From the great living mix will come the bacterium, the gelatinous, the mollusks, trilobites, arachnids, indo-skeletal, amphibians, mammalian, and ultimately the sapien-bi-ped. Friend Riley, I tell you truly, that once life is wrought fourth in any form, that force cannot be nullified, the organisms did not create that lifes-force. They simply served as receptive vessels to render it manifest.

Now then, as to your initial question. You asked me to tell you from whence has come the origins of the Alpha-Nexus, the over mind that governs all of infinity. I say to you that the answer to this theorem, continues to evade the comprehension of our foremost physicists, and even our most ancient and learned etheric visionaries. Thus the answer you seek is yet unknown.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Riley said:
Listen man, let me explain to Mr. Enyart a little about the creation of life. In 1975 during my third visit to the Great Biaviian mothership near Saturn. I asked Tan to tell me where life itself began. I said, Tan, you have said that you believe that a great mega force or mind, does oversee and control the universe. Then can you tell me, where did that awesome mind-force begin? These are the words he said to me.

Tan: Friend Riley, I shall as best I can, attempt to explain to you, that which we have scientifically ascertained, concerning life's beginnings. In the darkness of the void, before time conceived a measure. Isotopic particles, through magnetic attraction, will migrate together and begin to form a core body. As the body grows, its gravitational pull, grows exponentially. Thus greater volumes of space particles, gasses and debris is gathered unto the host body.

Through countless eons, the body continues to grow. Until, through its own gravitational density, its awesome form will reach critical mass, thus causing the object to blow, to nova, sending out billions of pieces of itself in all directions. Perhaps billions of the hot pieces will become stars and suns. These stars and suns will gravitationally attract smaller space chunks, forming solar systems, planets, moons and asteroid belts.

Once locked in orbits around that sun, and depending upon distance, chemical and gasseous content, certain surface conditions will begin to transpire.
Pressure induced thermal energy within the new planetoids, will heat the stratus, melting and liquefying frozen deposits in its fissures. This superheated liquid will burst fourth like great geysers, into the virgin ether of that planets lower stratus, forming clouds and turbulent acid rains. Which will ultimately form the oceans and seas. Moisture captured at high altitudes, upon seasonal melting will ultimately create the rivers, springs and lakes.

Electrostatic disturbances within the clouds will send fourth bursts of raw energy, or lightning. Which will agitate and change certain molecules within the nucleic acids, of the saline waters. Causing the positive to combine with the negative particles, forming varied carbon configurations. These new living renditions, in seeking to maintain the energy within, will instinctively begin to seek out and consume other particles, thus began the predatory aspects of species coming to be.

From the great living mix will come the bacterium, the gelatinous, the mollusks, trilobites, arachnids, indo-skeletal, amphibians, mammalian, and ultimately the sapien-bi-ped. Friend Riley, I tell you truly, that once life is wrought fourth in any form, that force cannot be nullified, the organisms did not create that lifes-force. They simply served as receptive vessels to render it manifest.

Now then, as to your initial question. You asked me to tell you from whence has come the origins of the Alpha-Nexus, the over mind that governs all of infinity. I say to you that the answer to this theorem, continues to evade the comprehension of our foremost physicists, and even our most ancient and learned etheric visionaries. Thus the answer you seek is yet unknown.

Hey Riley,

If this is original writing by you, then you have missed your calling and are wasting your time here.

You could really clean up in the SF field.

Aethril

Johnny said:
No, not yet.

Quick question: does enyart always do real science firdays? Or is it a once or twice a month kind of thing? I'd like to call, but I'd rather call on a day when he's already on the topic of science.
I looked it up on kgov.com and the last time they did a Real Science Friday was June 9th and they covered March's publication of CRSQ. Of the shows I've listened to on kgov.com I'd say any day is a good day to call and talk about science.

aharvey

Bob Enyart said:
From National Geographic: a world of micro-organisms inside a supposedly 220 million-year-old drop of amber, yet identical to today's bacterial, fungi, protozoans, etc. And it's funny that our own evolutionist, who was it (aharvey? I forget) repeated the evolutionist line to me that evolution works faster in tiny organisms than in large ones!
Funny thing about microbes; they're really hard to tell apart from the outside. So here's a few simple things to keep in mind:

Just because something evolves doesn't mean you'll be able to see the difference from the outside.

Just because a species can evolve, doesn't mean it will evolve.

Just because some populations of a species evolve into something else doesn't mean the original species vanishes.

Bob Enyart said:
ps. aharvey, did you get around to that link of the show?
Not yet. I'm only in a few minutes every few days during the break.

fool

Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart said:

From Answers in Genisis Arguments that Creationists shouldn't use
“If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today.”
In response to this statement, some evolutionists point out that they don’t believe that we descended from apes, but that apes and humans share a common ancestor. However, the evolutionary paleontologist G.G. Simpson had no time for this “pussyfooting,” as he called it. He said, “In fact, that earlier ancestor would certainly be called an ape or monkey in popular speech by anyone who saw it. Since the terms ape and monkey are defined by popular usage, man’s ancestors were apes or monkeys (or successively both). It is pusillanimous [mean-spirited] if not dishonest for an informed investigator to say otherwise.”

However, the main point against this statement is that many evolutionists believe that a small group of creatures split off from the main group and became reproductively isolated from the main large population, and that most change happened in the small group which can lead to allopatric speciation (a geographically isolated population forming a new species). So there’s nothing in evolutionary theory that requires the main group to become extinct.

It’s important to note that allopatric speciation is not the sole property of evolutionists—creationists believe that most human variation occurred after small groups became isolated (but not speciated) at Babel, while Adam and Eve probably had mid-brown skin color. The quoted erroneous statement is analogous to saying “If all people groups came from Adam and Eve, then why are mid-brown people still alive today?”

So what’s the difference between the creationist explanation of people groups (“races”) and the evolutionist explanation of people origins? Answer: the former involves separation of already-existing information and loss of information through mutations; the latter requires the generation of tens of millions of “letters” of new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.