Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Quick Somebody: Evolve a Backbone!

Thursday April 5th, 2005. This is show # 89.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
Let's forget the question of how sexual reproduction could ever evolve. ...Because if you're sexually reproducing, how does that start? ...You've got just the men first or just the women? And you're evolving what? How? When? Where? Lay it out for me. Draw a flow chart. Let me see a basic outline, an algorithm of how that happens.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Justin (Wiccan) said:
There are so many possible rejoinders to this quote ... none of them are derisive, but by the same token, none of them are family friendly. :chuckle:

Justin
What are you, 14?

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Jefferson, I feel like I've just been promoted, or coronated or something. Knight has dubbed me *moderator* of some small realm or other. Actually, I wanted to be able to repost my Letter to Dobson, and enforce a germane rule for posts in that thread. So, now that I have some superhuman powers, I'll delete any post there that's not explicitly related to the Republican Judges are Pro-Choice theme. Ciao, -Bob

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob, if you want to preserve the on-topic posts from your original thread, you may want to try "splitting" the thread, which will allow you to move the off-topic posts to a new and separate thread.

You can split a thread by clicking the link in the upper-right of opening post labeled "Thread Tools."

Creating a new thread would be simpler, no doubt. It's up to you.

Johnny

Let's forget the question of how sexual reproduction could ever evolve. ...Because if you're sexually reproducing, how does that start? ...You've got just the men first or just the women? And you're evolving what? How? When? Where? Lay it out for me. Draw a flow chart. Let me see a basic outline, an algorithm of how that happens.
Just out of curiosity, are we allowed to discuss this here? Or do we have to stick to the "origins" forum?

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Split Happy

Split Happy

Johnny, in the BEL forum, it is good form to discuss the specifics of any program content, including evolution.

Turbo, I took your suggestion, and had fun doing it. The Dobson Judges thread now is much more germane, and I moved the less focused posts to a Sidebar thread. Then (since I was getting the hang of it), I split that thread into another one titled, "Zakath agreed to give Enyart rights to BR-VII." Thanks! -Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.