Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Public School Exit: Ward, to Home, to the World

Tuesday May 16th, 2006. This is show # 97.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Elizabeth Watkins: [Our children] are not mature enough in the faith at 6 and 7 years old to be missionaries in the public school system. Parents need to step up and realize that - that they have a job to do in preparing their children to be salt and light.

Bob Enyart: Yeah, typically the parents are not even strong enough to be salt and light. They go to work and they don't witness to their co-workers. They just go to work and they come home with a paycheck. And they think little Johnny, who's 9 years old, is going to go in where this entire curriculum is designed to get him to reject his trust in Jesus Christ. And somehow Johnny is going to overcome the craftiness of the enemy and see through it all and just brush it off.
Summary:
* CU's professor Ward Churchill to get either life, or two to five years! Of course, he should have been arrested for conspiracy to murder, as you will hear in these audio clips from his own mouth. But instead, his CU professorship will either be terminated (for life,) or suspended for a few years.
* Elizabeth Watkins of Southern Baptist Church & Home Education Association, SBCHEA, explains their anti-public school Summit Theme, "Exit Strategy: From the world to the home, from the home to the world!"
* Today's Resource: If anyone you know gives excuses for keeping their kids in our aggressively anti-Christian public schools, consider buying this book and lending it to them: The Harsh Truth About Public Schools.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I want to know is, who are the parents to say that their children must be missionaries and it must be at a public school.? How many adults are forced to be missionaries and have no choice but to carry out their mission work in a location decided by somebody else? When parents make missionaries out of their children, giving them no choice in the matter, doesn't this seem rather abusive?

Shame on Christian parents who use this as nothing more than an excuse to ease their conscience.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
What I want to know is, who are the parents to say that their children must be missionaries and it must be at a public school.? How many adults are forced to be missionaries and have no choice but to carry out their mission work in a location decided by somebody else? When parents make missionaries out of their children, giving them no choice in the matter, doesn't this seem rather abusive?

Shame on Christian parents who use this as nothing more than an excuse to ease their conscience.

Very true.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:

Very true!!!

I would much rather a Christian Parent tell me that they are sending their kids to public school because it is convenient for them rather then tell me that their children are "good" for the other children in the public school system. :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.