Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Protesting the Protester

Monday July 31st, 2006. This is show #151.

Summary:
* Ken and Jo Scott Protest Phelps: The Reverend Fred Phelps, the nationally known filthy-mouthed protester gives all Christian protesters a bad name. So pro-life activists Ken and Jo Scott organized a protest at Phelps' church! Touché! Watch Channel 27's news report, from NBC's Topeka Kansas affiliate, of Ken and Jo Scott protesting of Fred Phelps!
* Anti-Semitism: Bob and Jo Scott discuss reasons for anti-Semitism. People hate the God of Abraham and the Law of God, and that is one reason why they hate Abraham's descendants. Mel Gibson's vulgar, racist tirade might have been prevented long ago if he had strongly condemned his father's anti-Semitic writings.
* Hezbollah Girly Men: The Party of Allah terrorists fired at Israel while hiding behind children and women's skirts in Qana, and from behind a UN observation post. Hezbollah intentionally targets civilians. So then liberals (blinded by their hatred of anything related to Scripture, including Israel), blame Israel when civilians die, even though the Jews first leaflet civilians, giving them time to evacuate before the Israel retaliates. Thus, it is difficult to understand how liberals can blame the children's deaths on Israel, instead of on the Islamic terrorists firing from behind the children, until you factor in the blinding hatred of liberals toward anything that reminds them of the God of Abraham.
* Chester from Denver: As an Arab who loves Israel, Chester furthers Bob's argument that many of those who hate Jews are motivated out of opposition to Christian and Jewish Scripture. Chester closed by thanking God for ministers like pastor Bob Enyart.
Today's Resource: As the pastor of Denver Bible Church, Bob Enyart teaches Christians how to use the whole counsel of God to understand the plot of the Bible and solve biblical mysteries. Do you want to have a better understanding of the Bible? Read the The Plot and find out that grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS!

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Were Ken and Jo Scott protesting Fred Phelps because of his message or protesting because he has used the ACLU to help him in a specific cause? The reporter from the clip says that "...the group doesn't exactly understand why the Westboro Baptist Church has joined together with the ACLU to fight..."

I am assuming that "the group" mentioned were the Scott protestors. In an interview a guy says that "it's not a consistent view..." Referring to Phelps using the ACLU.

I have on tape where Bob discusses why he used the ACLU to fight some of his battles as well. Bob said that it is good to use your enemies as justification for using the ACLU for his cause.

So again...are the protestors protesting Phelps for the views he holds or because he is using the ACLU to help his cause (as Bob has also done)?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I asked the question above not to be argumentitive or anything...I really wanted to know. Does anyone know?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
chatmaggot said:
I have on tape where Bob discusses why he used the ACLU to fight some of his battles as well. Bob said that it is good to use your enemies as justification for using the ACLU for his cause.

So again...are the protestors protesting Phelps for the views he holds or because he is using the ACLU to help his cause (as Bob has also done)?
My thoughts exactly. Why not call up his show and ask him?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I didn't know that Ken Scott had a show? If he did, I would call and ask him what were the underlying reasons for his protest. I thought that someone on here might have been involved in the protest and could have answered.

Oh well...just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.