Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How do you define time?
It is the byproduct of existence; we experience the passage of moments, from one to the next, and we call that time. God experiences this as a result of His existence, and always has. It is an attribute of His existence, not one of His creations.

Aimiel

Is God viewing the birth of John the Baptist in the same way that He is viewing the birth of a baby in a hospital at this moment? Are these two events indistinguishable from Gods perspective?
Of course not, He not only knows the difference between one nano-second and another but He's seen every single one of them before He even started creation. He always has, since He knows everything.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Of course not, He not only knows the difference between one nano-second and another but He's seen every single one of them before He even started creation. He always has, since He knows everything.

So God sees nothing as it actually happens?

Aimiel

Each and every hadron, quark and each and every interaction of them all. He experiences everything there is, far beyond what we might know or even begin to understand (yet). When we see Him we will be like Him and so begin our journey (which will be eternal) exploring the riches of His Grace.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Each and every hadron, quark and each and every interaction of them all. He experiences everything there is, far beyond what we might know or even begin to understand (yet). When we see Him we will be like Him and so begin our journey (which will be eternal) exploring the riches of His Grace.

He experiences or has already experienced? Has God already witnessed my death?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And you have absolutely no Scripture to back this up.

Go prophecy to your azaleas.

Shasta

It is the byproduct of existence; we experience the passage of moments, from one to the next, and we call that time. God experiences this as a result of His existence, and always has. It is an attribute of His existence, not one of His creations.

Time as it is observed and measures in the universe that God made is interwoven inseparably with matter energy, space. You cannot define time from space in matter not in THIS universe, that is, in the one God made. Without matter there is nothing to "move." Without energy there is nothing to act upon matter to make those changes you call time. Time defines the changing states that arise from these interactions.

When all the forces spread out (as God spreading out the heavens as a curtain) they form space. Time is not unchanging or absolute. It can be altered, distorted made to speed up or slow down according to velocity and the influence of gravity. A temporal God being in time and therefore linked to space and matter would also be affected by these factors

You can no more tease out the time-space-matter and the other phenomena that make up a coherent and ordered universe any more than you can separate hydrogen and oxygen and still have water.

The relationship between time-matter and space is observable and have so far have been shown to be rationally justified, an in some cases experimental proven (i.e., the atomic bomb). This is the universe as God made it. In uniting the "being" of God with nature the you have moved into panthesim.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Time as it is observed and measures in the universe that God made is interwoven inseparably with matter energy, space. You cannot define time from space in matter not in THIS universe, that is, in the one God made. Without matter there is nothing to "move." Without energy there is nothing to act upon matter to make those changes you call time. Time defines the changing states that arise from these interactions.

When all the forces spread out (as God spreading out the heavens as a curtain) they form space. Time is not unchanging or absolute. It can be altered, distorted made to speed up or slow down according to velocity and the influence of gravity. A temporal God being in time and therefore linked to space and matter would also be affected by these factors

You can no more tease out the time-space-matter and the other phenomena that make up a coherent and ordered universe any more than you can separate hydrogen and oxygen and still have water.

The relationship between time-matter and space is observable and have so far have been shown to be rationally justified, an in some cases experimental proven (i.e., the atomic bomb). This is the universe as God made it. In uniting the "being" of God with nature the you have moved into panthesim.

I guess then Christ is not God for you, him being part of nature--in time, space, and matter.

--Dave

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Where do you fools get this idea that time was created?

:kookoo: I think you need a new pair of tights.

Colossians 1:16

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Using your logic, God created the iPhone and Ford cars. The statement excludes concepts like 1+1=2 or love. Did God create love? Is love a thing? It is a wrong assumption to equate duration in the same category as an apple. Did God create sin (all things?). The verse has a context and limitations and does not prove your point. The unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) are created by God, but time as a concept predates material creation and is experienced by the triune God from eternity past. Did God create faithfulness? The cigarettes that kill people? Hubble telescope? All things? All things are possible for God also has a context (salvation), not creating rocks too heavy to lift, a logical absurdity/contradiction like a frog being dead and alive at the same time. Did God create Scientology?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Using your logic, God created the iPhone and Ford cars. The statement excludes concepts like 1+1=2 or love. Did God create love? Is love a thing? It is a wrong assumption to equate duration in the same category as an apple. Did God create sin (all things?). The verse has a context and limitations and does not prove your point. The unique measures of time (sun, moon, stars) are created by God, but time as a concept predates material creation and is experienced by the triune God from eternity past. Did God create faithfulness? The cigarettes that kill people? Hubble telescope? All things? All things are possible for God also has a context (salvation), not creating rocks too heavy to lift, a logical absurdity/contradiction like a frog being dead and alive at the same time. Did God create Scientology?

Why don't you try reading the Bible?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Is it blissful being you?

You believe these things because you've been told they were true when the theories have never been proven. Time has never been sped up or slowed down. They have only theorized that it would under certain conditions, but those conditions are not ones we can ever meet in order to test them.

I think you need a new brain. Nowhere in this verse can you get the idea that time is a thing; it's not even tangible. You can't see it, touch/feel it, taste it, hear it or smell it. There is nothing tactile about time. It's an idea, and nothing more, to explain experience.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

I think you need a new brain. Nowhere in this verse can you get the idea that time is a thing; it's not even tangible. You can't see it, touch/feel it, taste it, hear it or smell it. There is nothing tactile about time. It's an idea, and nothing more, to explain experience.

Do you always skip words?

One In Christ

Using your logic, God created the iPhone and Ford cars.

A related joke I remember that pertains to this statement.

Humans have become so technically evolved that they can now make a living, breathing person. A summit of scientists believed that because they now had the power to create life, God was no longer needed. So they all decided that someone should go and tell God this. One man volunteered to go. One day he climbed a mountain and called upon God. “God! We humans now have the ability to bring people from the dead, we can create our own life, we don’t need you anymore so you can leave us alone.” God listened to the scientist and nodded his head. “Okay, I’ll tell you what, if you can really create life, let’s have a competition, if you can create a better person than me, I’ll go, but we’ll have to do it the way I did it in the old days.” So the scientist agrees and begins to collect some dirt to make his person. God simply watches him and finally asks him what he’s doing. “I’m using the dirt to make a person.” God smiles, looks at the scientist and replies, “Go make your own dirt.”

Aimiel

He did create everything there is, including darkness and evil. He said so.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I don't believe that God is subject to time or it would be before and / or above Him and that would make time His god.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He did create everything there is, including darkness and evil. He said so.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I don't believe that God is subject to time or it would be before and / or above Him and that would make time His god.

Do believe God is free? Do you know time is an aspect of freedom?

--Dave

sky.

BANNED
Banned

John 1:3

3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.