Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Not. It's wrong to presume that time is greater than God. Were God subject to time, He wouldn't BE God, time would.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I AM is self-existence, eternality. It does not mean He is timeless. It is also wrong to assume that God created time (vs measures of time).

If God's time isn't eternal then what is? God is self-existent and the beginning. Are you looking for something more?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If God's time isn't eternal then what is? God is self-existent and the beginning. Are you looking for something more?

God is eternal, uncreated. This does not mean that His experience lacks duration/sequence (He is not eternally incarnated, for e.g.). Timelessness is philosophical, not biblical. Endless time (succession) is eternal without beginning or end).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Not. It's wrong to presume that time is greater than God. Were God subject to time, He wouldn't BE God, time would.

Time is not greater than God, but it is part of His experience as a personal being. The God-Man experienced time while remaining full Deity. Creation is before incarnation, even for eternal God, so He experiences sequence without being limited by it.

God is not a slave to time. Your argument does not make sense. Using your logic, because God thinks, He would not be God because thinking would be?!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
God is eternal, uncreated. This does not mean that His experience lacks duration/sequence (He is not eternally incarnated, for e.g.). Timelessness is philosophical, not biblical. Endless time (succession) is eternal without beginning or end).

Wrong. God is Biblical not "philosophical" . Time is Biblical and the Bible says God is timeless/eternal.

You must have a worldly understanding of "eternal".

If the God of the Bible isn't eternal and holds eternity in His hands than who and what does?

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Really? God/Jesus/Holy Spirit is not eternally incarnated...

God has revealed Himself in a succession but that doesn't mean (nor does the Bible say) He is void of all knowing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The future don't exist.
The past don't exist.
The Present exists.
Exactly.

I think we fail to see [perhaps it is humanly impossible] to see the greatness of God, the sheer scope and magnitude not only of His being but any one of His attributes.

God created time, the times and seasons are in His hands. He is not subject to time [change] time is subject to Him....if He wants to advance the clock or turn back the clock 15 years who can question?

His name is Jahweh, I am, He is always present, He is in time and eternity.
God created time? Scripture, please.

Is God subject to Himself?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
God created eternity. I could give you a verse but you don't need a verse you need revelation.

I would be interested in the verse that indicates that man created time.

I see that you have edited your post to exclude what you had originally written...but I am still interested.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I would be interested in the verse that indicates that man created time.

I see that you have edited your post to exclude what you had originally written...but I am still interested.

The eternality of God has been presented to you "open theists" time and again. Read the Bible at least or at BEST believe in the God of the Bible!

When I said that "man created time" what I meant is that it is the same thing as the pagans who worshiped the stars and the moons that prescribed time. God works on a "time table" but He isn't bound by time. Nor does the Bible say that He is.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
The eternality of God has been presented to you "open theists" time and again. Read the Bible at least or at BEST believe in the God of the Bible!

I am not aware of an Open Theist who does not believe that God is eternal.

...God works on a "time table" but He isn't bound by time. Nor does the Bible say that He is.

If God is not "bound by time" (by the way I am not really sure what that means) are you implying that God is, right now (our now), also present in our future? Assuming so, and assuming that the future exists to God just as our present does, can God "reach" into the future and bring my future self to our present?

In other words, is it possible for me to meet my future self by having God bring me from the future to meet me right now? It would be possible if the future exists and God is just as present in the future as He is in our present.

Aimiel

Time is not greater than God, but it is part of His experience as a personal being.
The True Creator doesn't experience ANYTHING which might limit Him. Were God limited by time, He would bow to it as His god.
The God-Man experienced time while remaining full Deity.
He suffered His entire existence as a man, for our sakes. He submitted Himself to our experience. He isn't subject to it, it is subject to Him. He set the day and hour of His crucifixion by yielding Himself to death. He didn't say that the hour of darkness was His god, but He did submit to death for our sakes.
Creation is before incarnation, even for eternal God, so He experiences sequence without being limited by it.
The Lamb of God, slain before the foundation of the earth isn't subject to any sequence of events which He didn't think through completely before He even said: "Let there be light." He knew the end from the beginning, even before there was light. A man's steps are ordered of The Lord.
God is not a slave to time.
Correct. Time is His creation, as is everything else.
Your argument does not make sense.
Yours isn't thought out completely.
Using your logic, because God thinks, He would not be God because thinking would be?!
Even though that is an incomplete sentence... I'll fill in the blanks for you (as I imagine you want). God is love. He doesn't have to think to love. He is love. It is His Being. If you ever felt, gave away, received or thought anything about love or even closely related to love... you felt part of God... you gave away part of God... you received part of God... you thought about part of God. Thought is something which is impossible to understand in this world, but in the spirit realm: thought is more clear than the finest orator who's ever lived on earth. Your entire knowledge and understanding are expressed along with your thinking processes, without any effort whatsoever. You're transparent, because you can see God and are like Him. He has nothing to hide. God has always been and will always be ALL-knowing and ALL-present. He isn't subject to physical related or time-constrained limits, as men might imagine. He is eternal. Time is a bubble, a simple sphere which He has opened out of eternity for the sake of His creation. One day it will close and all will be in Him once more.

Aimiel

God is eternal, uncreated. This does not mean that His experience lacks duration/sequence (He is not eternally incarnated, for e.g.).
Actually, in reality, Biblically and Scripturally speaking: He IS!!!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Time is not greater than God, but it is part of His experience as a personal being. The God-Man experienced time while remaining full Deity. Creation is before incarnation, even for eternal God, so He experiences sequence without being limited by it.

God is not a slave to time. Your argument does not make sense. Using your logic, because God thinks, He would not be God because thinking would be?!

Really?! check the bold. You are backwards.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God created eternity. I could give you a verse but you don't need a verse you need revelation.
Yo have no verse.

Only if you deny His eternality.
:liberals: So God is not subject to Himself? :confused:

He cannot violate His Own Character. He is love.
Can He violate His own attributes?

Actually, in reality, Biblically and Scripturally speaking: He IS!!!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
That verse does not state that God currently exists throughout all of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.