"Progressing...Together"

Interplanner

“Progressing…Together”
Hilary’s Communism and the odd case of 2014 post-release script changes in FOYLE’S WAR

Marcus Sanford, October, 2016
ask@interplans.net,
“All Lives Matter – Marcus Sanford” at Youtube.com

I have often ‘called it a day’ and retired to a half-segment of FOYLE’S WAR to restore my sanity. Among the amazing feats of Horowitz’ writing are re-enactments of how deep Nazi sympathizers were in Britain (The German Woman), the depiction of communism in WW2 England, as well as profiteers, and the difficult question of how to use captured “assets”--Nazis after the war--to tackle the next menace of the Soviet nuclear program (Sunflower).

FOYLE’S WAR does not enjoy the status of DOWNTON ABBEY, but it has enough of a following to result in a ‘behind the scenes’ show on PBS, and sells well during its fund-raising.

It was quite intriguing then (worth another episode?) to learn that sometime in 2014, a rather stinging line was removed from an episode on communism. It not only stings as to message, but because it was one of those forceful chants that so efficiently spreads yet disinforms.

The chant which captured so many was “One mind! One state! All equal!”

Other than a technical glitch explanation at the viewer’s end, I cannot locate this line any more.

It is not as though the series ‘softened’ on communism—there is the episode of the pathetic cases of Russians who seek to stay in Britain after learning how others died upon returning to Russia being accused as deserters, etc. And there are plenty of criticisms of Winnie for using Stalin’s help.

All this Foyle trivia is not exactly why I am writing today, however. The problem today is how Hilary’s slogan uses ‘together’. A columnist with a graduate degree that was spent reading PRAVDA (the official communist Russian news) shows that the grammar is the same. The accusation of “divisiveness” of opposition is the same. “Together” does not mean collaboration; it means you have been forced to accept ‘one mind, one state, all equal.’ PRAVDA’S slogan was “Communism forward! Together!”

This is no good for fund-raising from the aging viewership of PBS. The ‘efficiency’ of communication of the line is now a liability which the Leftist media cannot afford to have ‘out there.’

The stinging line is gone.

The liability is that Hilary compares all too easily and clearly to awful communists of the recent, but blurry, past. I have spent the past few years with some friends who escaped Ceaucescu’s communism: fraudulent, incompetent, filthy rich, criminal and immune. Possibly also funded by Soros. But that’s how the Clinton’s come across. Have for 30 years.

Who cares what happened to Vince Foster? Who cares what was said in speeches—billed at an hourly rate of a half-million dollars? Who cares if the FBI is manipulated?

So the pre-election “news” is a bluster of hysteria about a hurricane or about some inappropriate comment by an opponent 11 years ago in private.

The only things that may be missing from a parallel of the Mrs. C’s is the woman getting presidential power by marriage alone, and the bullying of women who dared testify against their husbands.

Marcus Sanford’s novels and scripts are at Amazon.com. See “All Lives Matter – Marcus Sanford” at Youtube.com.

Mr. Sanford was invited by the American Association of Popular Culture to speak on how ‘nature’ changed during the 20th century. He was a respondent to the Canadian RCMP for information about the 1988 environmentalist terrorists who hijacked a cross-Canada jet to seize media attention to announce the destruction of the human race—to save the planet. In 2009, he was witness of the anti-communist riots against the Moldovan senatorial election which the capitol’s mayor declared to be fraudulent.