ECT Preterist sex cult!!!!1

musterion

Wild-eyed fanaticism...lascivious depravity...tableware...it's all here...

While studying at Yale, Noyes had formulated a ‘Perfectionist creed’ that postulated that the Second Coming of Christ had already transpired so Christians were actually living in the era of fulfillment and not the age of prophecy.

For the past decade, religious revivals had been sweeping the country and warning of the Second Coming of Christ.

Get your house in order for the hereafter - was what the revivalists preached.

Noyes had a different take.

What happens when you mix kingdom theology with eating utensils and a liberal dosing of fornication? What happens when you shamefully place innocent, trusting butter knives in the company of those brazen hussy dessert forks? Now the whole sordid story can be told.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ople-believed-sleeping-ultimate-medicine.html

musterion

I'll double down with Flavey Joe and the entire Church o' Rome, which is preterist. Who are YOU, some little dispie chump, to argue against the inspired Flavius and the popes of the one true church? Huh? HUH?!

But I tell ya what...I'll throw in this nice set of Oneida steak knives just to show I'm not all bad.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'll double down with Flavey Joe and the entire Church o' Rome, which is preterist. Who are YOU, some little dispie chump, to argue against the inspired Flavius and the popes of the one true church? Huh? HUH?!

But I tell ya what...I'll throw in this nice set of Oneida steak knives just to show I'm not all bad.

Not one person, in the history of mankind, ever taught what you teach, until you taught it, so you invented it.And not one musterion, in the history of mankind, can answer my questions, which proves that you follow the teachings of fallible men....You are in denial...And, in an attempt to make the Bible fit the false teachings of men, I will raise you a toaster, and a few pictures that infallible Craigie Bernstein took, from his boat, in the Dead Sea, while at a Preterist Bible Conference, in Jerusalem recently:

2094680-Floating-in-the-Dead-Sea-1.jpg

pon2.jpg

war.jpg

".... we now live in the new heavens and new earth...Yes, we are living in the millennial reign right now.........we now live in the greatest time period since the creation of planet earth.."-Tellalie

You are in denial....You are embarrassed....Figurative....You really think it is literal?.......

musterion

Listen, Darby Boy, the church of Rome - mother of us all - has existed for right at 2,000 years. Josephus (pbuh) lived right about 2,000 years ago. Both were avowed preterists. That makes preterism at least 4,000 years old! How old is the false scam called dispensationalism? Why, in the big scheme it was on the air in 2010 and is still in first issue reruns. So there. Repent of your Bullingerism.

john w

Hall of Fame
Listen, Darby Boy, the church of Rome - mother of us all - has existed for right at 2,000 years. Josephus (pbuh) lived right about 2,000 years ago. Both were avowed preterists. That makes preterism at least 4,000 years old! How old is the false scam called dispensationalism? Why, in the big scheme it was on the air in 2010 and is still in first issue reruns. So there. Repent of your Bullingerism.

Listen, boy wonder of mystery,Christ rejector Flavey Joe said that all of the church fathers taught that Christ returned invisibly in 66 AD, or 70 AD, or 77 AD, or 77 Sunset Strip......and everyone saw him, even though he was invisible, and never touched planet earth, as his kingdom is not of this world, which is mostly man made....To the bat poles.......You are in denial....

Danoh

Josephus: The Complete Works

CHAPTER 1. HOW THE ENTIRE CITY OF JERUSALEM WAS DEMOLISHED, EXCEPTING THREE TOWERS;

(D.Note: Actually Book 7, Chapter 1)

1. NOW as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury, (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done,) Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison, as were the towers also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall, it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/josephus/complete.iii.viii.i.html

Interplanner

What happens when you mix kingdom theology with eating utensils and a liberal dosing of fornication? What happens when you shamefully place innocent, trusting butter knives in the company of those brazen hussy dessert forks? Now the whole sordid story can be told.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ople-believed-sleeping-ultimate-medicine.html

I Cor 9:17 is one of two foundation texts for God created D'ism? No wonder we've got trouble.

Interplanner

Josephus: The Complete Works

CHAPTER 1. HOW THE ENTIRE CITY OF JERUSALEM WAS DEMOLISHED, EXCEPTING THREE TOWERS;

(D.Note: Actually Book 7, Chapter 1)

1. NOW as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury, (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done,) Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison, as were the towers also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall, it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/josephus/complete.iii.viii.i.html

Yes, And in all the 50 examples of literalism in John the Pharisees never quite get the point. You can't have it both ways. You can't have 2 Th 2 saying the wrath is being meted fully and not meant this event. Or you can't find little items like this and say it's not "full."

Interplanner

What I notice about the effect of preachers who latch on to headline events as prophecy fulfillment is that it attracts much more attention to knowing ahead of time rather than to the question and excitement of justification through Christ.

The principles of justification are solid eschatological doctrine. They make the coming judgement of God a very present reality because they show us as being 'in court' right now. The Judge has made a surprising move and offered himself as the bearer of punishment. The word 'justification' in this context is not like the modern word 'proof' but rather to have had the life and then the sacrifice of Christ 'cover' our miserable lives. His is credited to us.

So I was surprised to read one day that the real despair of modern theology is due to its cut tether to the question of justification. When that framework is gone, there is hardly any reason to this life and despair about a day of justice in general. Existentialist theology was born when it was given up.

Danoh

Yes, And in all the 50 examples of literalism in John the Pharisees never quite get the point. You can't have it both ways. You can't have 2 Th 2 saying the wrath is being meted fully and not meant this event. Or you can't find little items like this and say it's not "full."

You mean 1 Thess. 2, not 2 Thess. 2.

For that is ever your arguement; your sense of verse 16...

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

We differ in our understanding of what this wrath is that Paul relates having come upon them to the uttermost decades before your 70 AD understanding.

Danoh

My own sense of that passage's wrath come upon them to the uttermost being in the same sense of God's turning from the Gentiles in His wrath centuries earlier per Genesis 11 and Romans 1, to Abram; to begin something new with and through him; that God foreknew He would do.

Interplanner

Just as 'desolate' is anticipatory in Mt 23 (the DofJ takes place almost 40 years later), 'the wrath has come fully' is the same way.

Danoh

It reads to me as the Jews continuing in the very height of the rebellion against God for which He not only turned from them in His wrath; but the great extent to which He turned from Israel - to the uttermost; He had completely turned from Israel as a nation.

Paul's preaching among them being both a witness against their nation - as to why God has turned from Israel - and the hope of saving, not the nation, but "some of them."

All that is so Romans 1-3.

The Jew "before proved" "under sin" with the Gentile.