Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
I've gone back and forth on this topic for years.

Then this thread is for you!

I feel, until we come up with a better justice system that proves without a doubt that the person is guilty,
What did God say was necessary for establishing guilt?

we should not even consider the death penalty.

When a government allows known murderers to live, they are being wicked and rebellious against God.

He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD. Proverbs 17:15

And will you profane Me... killing people who should not die, and keeping people alive who should not live...?” Ezekiel 13:19

Too many innocent people are dying because of wrongful convictions.
Too many innocent people are dying because murderers are not swiftly executed upon conviction.

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. Ecclesiastes 8:11

then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother; so you shall put away the evil from among you. And those who remain shall hear and fear, and hereafter they shall not again commit such evil among you. Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Deuteronomy 19:19-21​

Context

red77

:plain:

I would have still thought that it would be an abomination for innocent people to be executed, this is certain to happen with the DP under our present judicial systems, thats not even up for debate so what about those victims?

:idunno:

drbrumley

Well, over zealous prosecutors are alot to blame as well when it comes to death penalty cases of innocents. I have been told by a state attorney before that it is what you can prove, and we all know we can prove anything. Esp. in this society. But Turbo is right, cause we have such a lax system, the margin of error is greater

Status
Not open for further replies.