Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Here's the deal: When you vote for a human being, you are voting for a sinner. It is impossible to vote and not compromise one or more of your principles. That is why, in principle, we are not voting for a man or a politician, we are voting for the things we want to keep, and against the things about Obama which we don't want in office. It is a moral choice to vote, and it is a moral choice not to vote, if it increases the odds of the lesser of those two evils being elected.
I am willing to accept a lot of imperfection in a leader. Mass murderers go too far in my book.

McCain is pro-choice (which even you have proven in your opening post). I cannot vote for an openly pro-choice candidate. :idunno:

The really tragic thing is when conservatives vote for liberals just because they are afraid of the "other guy". Then, not only do we lose but we compromise on principle (not just little things but major things like innocent life) and then what do we have left? How can we ever stand for life when we have shown that we will support pro-choice candidates just to get a short-term political win?

I don't live my life in fear of Obama or any other man.

Jesus said....

Matthew 10:22 “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved. 23 “When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes. 24 “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 “It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household! 26 “Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. 27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

In other words.... living your life in fear of a man isn't reasonable in the grand scheme of things.

McCain is going to lose because the Republicans deserted their base. I have no allegiance to the Republican party, as far as I can tell they are pretty much history anyway.

There is a bigger picture, which is our relationship with God and standing up for what is right so that we are a good example for our children. I will die fighting for this country and for what is right before I am "feared" into voting for some pro-choice liberal like McCain.

Some people will live in fear the rest of their lives and I hope I never fall into that rut.

2Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Well said!

POTY material! :up:

Context

How sad it is that so many people today voted for a murderer because of fear. What does that say about their trust in a good and righteous God, who will be victorious over all no matter what and who desires that his people stand for righteousness no matter what?

The Berean

:up:

I hate it when other "conservatives" tell me I am "wasting" my vote because I won't vote for McCain. :IA:

Status
Not open for further replies.