Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Army of One said:
So you're basing your opinion of how the US soldiers view Bush on some letters that Michael Moore chooses to publish? Yeah, that's a sure way to get a accurate picture. After all, it's not like left-leaning soldiers or family members would be more likely to write to Moore, and it's not like Moore would pick out the letters that make Bush and the US military sound the worst. Give me a break. I just read a quote from a letter in that book, from what I'm guessing is a guy in the Navy, saying that, "It didn’t hit me until I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 that I was driving the ship that was sending planes to kill people". I wonder what he thought his job was then?

Moore tries to portray the military as being against Bush, yet look at election results. The military was hugely supportive of Bush in both of his elections.

My main reason for thinking that this book is a bunch of rubbish though, is from personal experience. I was in Iraq from April 2003 to March 2004. I was in a combat unit which spent a large amount of our time there in pretty rough conditions, not on some cushy base camp (for the first 4 months my bed was the hood of my Humvee). And of the other soldiers I worked with over there, except for a very small minority that didn't like the idea of actually doing our job as soldiers, everyone else was supportive of our mission in Iraq, and were in fact eager to do the job that they had been trained for.

You would be wise to actually look for a balanced view of what is going on in the U.S., instead of merely focusing on a left wing nut like Moore.

Context

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Crow said:
beanieboy said:
So, you would be okay with a Muslim School that called themselves the Bible Thumpers, and they looked like an IT nerd holding a Bible with smoke coming out of his ears?

That would rule!

I could go the their games dressed up in a black garbage bag and get one of my redneck buddies to wear a turban and we could strap fake bombs all over ourselves. We could run onto the field everytime the team fumbled and demand a replay or we'll blow the place up! Maybe he could fake beating the crap out of me on the 50 yard line. I'll pack a whole cooler full of ham sandwiches. Hmmm--need beer and pork rinds too--never mind, I'll think about that when the time comes. :bannana:

:second:
Context

:darwinsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.