Pocahontas

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Senate Votes To Gag Elizabeth Warren After Anti-Sessions Outburst | zerohedge.com] "Not The Onion. Following a scathing speech against Trump's nominee for Attorney General, Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell said Senator Elizabeth Warren had "impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama," violating the so-called 'Rule 19'. By a vote of 49-43, Senator Warren was then barred from speaking on the floor until Senator Sessions nomination debate is complete (likely tomorrow evening).

Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), who was presiding over the the Senate during the Massachusetts Democrat's speech - who at times was repeating words being said to him by GOP Senate floor staff - initially interrupted Warren to warn her that she was on the brink of violating the rule.

As The Hill reports, the drama on the Senate floor comes after McConnell interrupted Warren's speech accusing her of breaking the upper chamber's guidelines.

“The senator has impugned the motives and conduct of our colleague from Alabama,” McConnell said from the Senate floor.
“I call the senator to order under the provisions of Rule 19.”

Under the Senate’s “Rule 19,” senators are not allowed to “directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator..." Full text: Senate Votes To Gag Elizabeth Warren After Anti-Sessions Outburst Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10 more

Last edited:

Danoh

Good. Let the Trump administration (sic) continue to grow in its' self-delusion of absolute power.

The sooner, and the harder its' great fall.

Make America Great Again?

Hogwash.

Their self-induced fall will prove America IS great.

Our Constitution against such is that ingenious a document.

We will go on - an even greater country, for their attempted fool tampering.

Our Constitution will go on - an ingenious document like few.

Don the Con Trump and his so called "administration"?

A distant memory of the reward of self-induced ridicule on some old SNL re-run.

A lesson to any future fool who might come along to once more attempt to make America HATE again.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yeah, that was quite an "outburst:"

Dear Senator Thurmond:

I write to express my sincere opposition to the confirmation of Jefferson B. Sessions as a federal district court judge for the Southern District of Alabama. My professional and personal roots in Alabama are deep and lasting. Anyone who has used the power of his office as United States Attorney to intimidate and chill the free exercise of the ballot by citizens should not be elevated to our courts. Mr. Sessions has used the awesome powers of his office in a shabby attempt to intimidate and frighten elderly black voters. For this reprehensible conduct, he should not be rewarded with a federal judgeship.

I regret that a long-standing commitment prevents me from appearing in person to testify against this nominee. However, I have attached a copy of my statement opposing Mr. Sessions’ confirmation and I request that my statement as well as this be made a part of the hearing record.

I do sincerely urge you to oppose the confirmation of Mr. Sessions.

Sincerely,

Coretta Scott King

#ShePersists

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yeah, that was quite an "outburst:"

Dear Senator Thurmond:

I write to express my sincere opposition to the confirmation of Jefferson B. Sessions as a federal district court judge for the Southern District of Alabama. My professional and personal roots in Alabama are deep and lasting. Anyone who has used the power of his office as United States Attorney to intimidate and chill the free exercise of the ballot by citizens should not be elevated to our courts. Mr. Sessions has used the awesome powers of his office in a shabby attempt to intimidate and frighten elderly black voters. For this reprehensible conduct, he should not be rewarded with a federal judgeship.

I regret that a long-standing commitment prevents me from appearing in person to testify against this nominee. However, I have attached a copy of my statement opposing Mr. Sessions’ confirmation and I request that my statement as well as this be made a part of the hearing record.

I do sincerely urge you to oppose the confirmation of Mr. Sessions.

Sincerely,

Coretta Scott King

#ShePersists

That was ONLY her opinion. It doesn't grant her "Sainthood." I hope she was saved, though.