Philadelphia Raises the Transgender Pride Flag for the First Time

GFR7

On the heels of the Bruce Jenner saga. A bit of public relations on the part of advocates :think:

Flying the trans pride flag in front of City Hall is a small gesture that sends a strong message, say organizers.

PhillyFlagx400.jpg

PhillyTransFlagRaisex633.jpg

http://www.advocate.com/politics/tr...transgender-pride-flag-first-time?team=social

musterion

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

Back in the '70s, MAD magazine made a joke (making fun of conservatives, of course) that if queers got their way, instead of saluting the Red, White and Blue, one day we'd be saluting the Pink, Cream and Aqua.

And there it is.

Somebody get my ice floe ready. I'm old, tired and ready to go.

GFR7

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

Back in the '70s, MAD magazine made a joke (making fun of conservatives, of course) that if queers got their way, instead of saluting the Red, White and Blue, one day we'd be saluting the Pink, Cream and Aqua.

And there it is.

Somebody get my ice floe ready. I'm old, tired and ready to go.
I know, seriously? What was once satire and parody, has now become reality. Who would have imagined during the Reagen era, that we would reach this point with sexual "rights"??? :nono:

musterion

Many were predicting it back then, but the leftist media noise machine drowned them out with ridicule (Archie Bunker for just one example). But now that they've largely lost control from lots of people having tuned out in favor of alternative media, the masks and gloves are off; they have now resorted to flat out personal destruction.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Like all flags--including the American flag--the transgender flag is just a large piece of cloth with colors on it.

When folks get hysterically upset when flags are burned or stomped on, they are seeing it as metaphor.

They look to what the flag represents to them. "Liberty and Justice for all" or "love of country/idea."

When patriots say "I love America" they are not saying they love the land mass south of Canada and north of Mexico. They are saying they love America AS the land of the free, the home of the brave, etc.

They slip from facts, evidence and data to myth and metaphor.

GFR7

Many were predicting it back then, but the leftist media noise machine drowned them out with ridicule (Archie Bunker for just one example). But now that they've largely lost control from lots of people having tuned out in favor of alternative media, the masks and gloves are off; they have now resorted to flat out personal destruction.
It sure seems so. But I think this flag thing makes them look absolutely idiotic. Do you see flags flying for the deaf? Or seniors? Or bipolar people? Why them????

GFR7

Like all flags--including the American flag--the transgender flag is just a large piece of cloth with colors on it.

When folks get hysterically upset when flags are burned or stomped on, they are seeing it as metaphor.

They look to what the flag represents to them. "Liberty and Justice for all" or "love of country/idea."

When patriots say "I love America" they are not saying they love the land mass south of Canada and north of Mexico. They are saying they love America AS the land of the free, the home of the brave, etc.

They slip from facts, evidence and data to myth and metaphor.
I know this, but a flag with baby blue and baby pink colors is just too campy. :nono:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It sure seems so. But I think this flag thing makes them look absolutely idiotic. Do you see flags flying for the deaf? Or seniors? Or bipolar people? Why them????

They just said in that city with that - that they celebrate perversity.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds like the making of another circus parade of clowns to laugh at.

bybee

On the heels of the Bruce Jenner saga. A bit of public relations on the part of advocates :think:

Flying the trans pride flag in front of City Hall is a small gesture that sends a strong message, say organizers.

PhillyFlagx400.jpg

PhillyTransFlagRaisex633.jpg

http://www.advocate.com/politics/tr...transgender-pride-flag-first-time?team=social

I am not in need of a flag to celebrate myself. I do my best with who I am and what I have. Luckily I have faith in the one who created me yet I accept that we are all free to pursue our own destinies.
I do not like to be forced to accept things repugnant to me.
Now,
if you find me repugnant because I find some things repugnant then stay away from me.