Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
OSA Confronts Clinton's Pastor Wogaman

Thursday July 21st, 2005. This is show # 144.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
As to the issue of, "Is the child aware?" - I said, "Why would you think this child, at the moment of conception, is not aware?" And he said, "Oh, because we know that comes from your brain." And I challenged that. ...As a Christian, he doesn't believe that when you die you're no longer aware, because your awareness doesn't come from your brain. Your brain is made up of atoms and molecules. It's a physical organism. And atoms and molecules are not aware. They don't have self-consciousness. Matter and energy can't reason. ...It's our soul/spirit that enables us to be aware.

sentientsynth

I think that another good reply would have been to remind the good lad that brain-dead individuals have reported information which can and has been verified. (I'm speaking of near-death experiences, of course.) Such information that the brain-dead individual could have had no knowledge of from the perspective of the location of their bodies, not to mention the fact that they're brain-dead, which would render consciousness inoperable from a consciousness-from-matter perspective.. This is solid scientific evidence that consciousness is not identical with the brain, but that the spirit itself is responsible for causing the inter-neuronal synapses to fire.

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.