ECT ONE PROMISE TO WHO ?

DAN P

Hi to all , and Heb 11:39 reads , And all these , having obtained a good testimony through faith , did not receive the promise !!

#1, The word promise is used 14 times in Hebrews .

#2 The people spoken here are in verses 33-38 !

#3, Heb 4:1 says that the promise is entering into His Rest and promise is singular !!

#4; This REST will not happen until the Millennium !!

So far there , there are 2 groups , Earthly people AND Heavenly people !!

#5 Also notice the verse 39 says FAITH , BUT the translators left out the Greek Article THE and should read THE FAITH and this points back to Jesus earthly ministry and the Law of Moses !

Looks as Hebrews is pointing to , to kinds of people and 2 groups !!

dan p

tdhiggins

Hello,

I am not quite sure what your main point is in this post. I believe it is fairly common Christian doctrine that there are two "types" of people, the believer and the unbeliever.

Interplanner

Hi to all , and Heb 11:39 reads , And all these , having obtained a good testimony through faith , did not receive the promise !!

#1, The word promise is used 14 times in Hebrews .

#2 The people spoken here are in verses 33-38 !

#3, Heb 4:1 says that the promise is entering into His Rest and promise is singular !!

#4; This REST will not happen until the Millennium !!

So far there , there are 2 groups , Earthly people AND Heavenly people !!

#5 Also notice the verse 39 says FAITH , BUT the translators left out the Greek Article THE and should read THE FAITH and this points back to Jesus earthly ministry and the Law of Moses !

Looks as Hebrews is pointing to , to kinds of people and 2 groups !!

dan p

He's saying the land was not actually the promise. A heavenly one was. The promise is the redemptive work of God in Christ. 2:9. 'Only with us (the gen after Christ) would they (the previous believers) get the promise of 'being made perfect' which in Hebrews is the solution to sin, the payment of Christ.

Bradley D

Hebrews tells me to have Faith 11:1 and Hope 6:19. Chapter 11 is a history of those who had faith and hope in God.