Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
On Priscilla Owen

Wednesday May 18th, 2005. This is show # 98.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Six of "our" pro-life Republican judges on the 11th circuit - all six - voted to kill Terri Schaivo. And do you know what argument I get from Christian conservative pro-lifers all around the country? I get, "Well, that was their job because it had already been ruled on. And they were only going by the process. They were just upholding what had already been established by other courts."

And it's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. And, no, this is not a recording and it's not slipping. It's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg. That is how our pro-life leaders, including James Dobson, have the law of unintended consequences. He has confused a generation of Christians until now we've become the defenders of the judges who kill the innocent.

Granite

Hall of Fame
So Bob favors killing judges who go against the grain of his politics. Charming.

So somebody get off their duff and pop a cap, already.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
granite1010 said:
So Bob favors killing judges who go against the grain of his politics. Charming.

So somebody get off their duff and pop a cap, already.

Apparently you still didn't get it. :bang: ....and it's for that reason, that we executed judges at Nuremburg. If you still don't get it, may I suggest that you watch, or rewatch the old movie, Judgment At Nuremburg. Burt Lancaster does a marvelous acting job in presenting, your mindset, and that of the judges in Germany in the 1930's and 40's, and of Priscilla Owen and the American judges of today.
May I sum up your apparent position. Granite1010, favors killing disabled people, who go against his grain of politics, or perhaps his view of a "life worth living." : If a judge can find a legal, and technical argument to stand on, and thus disregard the weightier matters of the law, justice and mercy, {sound familiar?} Granite prefers to ignore the Bible, of course, and the Constitution, and the verdict of history, and the Judgments at Nuremburg.
Maybe in this case the movie will be better then the book. I will take my Spencer Tracy, over your Burt Lancaster, and 9 Priscilla Owens anyday. :liberals:

Jukia

Can someone give me a reference to a list of judges executed at Nuremburg. Everything I have seen seems to indicate that while we executed war criminals following trials at Nuremburg, judges were not executed. Several were tried, some convicted, but got prison rather than being executed. Thanks

Zakath

Resident Atheist
What judges????

What judges????

Jefferson said:
And it's for that reason we executed judges in Nuremberg...

So far as I've heard only 24 convicted defendants in the Nazi War Crimes trials were executed. These were mostly senior government officials or military officers. The "judges" were tried in a separate action calld "The Justice Trials". According to what I found, none of the judges were executed.

According to The Nuremberg Trials: The Justice Trials, sixteen members of the Reich Ministry of Justice or People's and Special Courts were tried after WWII ended. Ten of the sixteen were convicted. Four of the convicted received life in prison. The other six received prison terms ranging from five to ten years.

Granite

Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
Apparently you still didn't get it. :bang: ....and it's for that reason, that we executed judges at Nuremburg. If you still don't get it, may I suggest that you watch, or rewatch the old movie, Judgment At Nuremburg. Burt Lancaster does a marvelous acting job in presenting, your mindset, and that of the judges in Germany in the 1930's and 40's, and of Priscilla Owen and the American judges of today.
May I sum up your apparent position. Granite1010, favors killing disabled people, who go against his grain of politics, or perhaps his view of a "life worth living." : If a judge can find a legal, and technical argument to stand on, and thus disregard the weightier matters of the law, justice and mercy, {sound familiar?} Granite prefers to ignore the Bible, of course, and the Constitution, and the verdict of history, and the Judgments at Nuremburg.
Maybe in this case the movie will be better then the book. I will take my Spencer Tracy, over your Burt Lancaster, and 9 Priscilla Owens anyday. :liberals:

Huh? Who riled up this four-watt bulb?

I'm a live free or die low tax pro life libertarian, chump, so get a clue before going after me again.

Half-literate pew groveling whack jobs...what IS the world coming to.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Zakath said:
So far as I've heard only 24 convicted defendants in the Nazi War Crimes trials were executed. These were mostly senior government officials or military officers. The "judges" were tried in a separate action calld "The Justice Trials". According to what I found, none of the judges were executed.

According to The Nuremberg Trials: The Justice Trials, sixteen members of the Reich Ministry of Justice or People's and Special Courts were tried after WWII ended. Ten of the sixteen were convicted. Four of the convicted received life in prison. The other six received prison terms ranging from five to ten years.

Hyperbole's better, Zakath.

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend! :doh:

Caledvwlch

Zakath said:

Wow. And the truth shall set you free. This means I can happily continue to ignore the original post of this thread. Nice.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Let's not even get into the fact that while decrepit Nazis are still being hunted, the murderers of the KGB and gulags have gotten a complete pass.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
granite1010 said:
Let's not even get into the fact that while decrepit Nazis are still being hunted, the murderers of the KGB and gulags have gotten a complete pass.
Well, the Russians were our allies, you know... of course, so was Iraq... in 1984... :think:

Thia

granite1010 said:

...and don't forget the hundreds of Khmer Rouge who somehow managed to get over here and are living and thriving in California's Central Valley.

Granite

Hall of Fame
As Zakath pointed out it's about expediency. Pragmatism. You can get philosophical real quick, I suppose.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
First my apologies: I had assumed that Bob was right when he said that we executed judges at Nuremburg. Apparently, there were no judges executed. Several were given life sentences or terms. So I should have checked to see if that was a true statement. I am sorry that I didn't! So unless Bob can give some additional evidence, his statement should have been, for this very reason, we imprisoned judges at Nuremburg.
Or perhaps, for the well known defense, "I was only following orders", or I was only following the "law", we did execute many war criminals, for the greater law, of crimes against humanity.
It has been several years since I watched the movie, Judgment At Nuremburg. I distinctly remember that even the "good" judge portrayed by Burt Lancaster was convicted. I assumed Bob was right, and I thought that he was sentenced to death, rather than life imprisonment. I apologize for my faulty memory, and for making an assumption.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
granite1010 said:
Huh? Who riled up this four-watt bulb?

I'm a live free or die low tax pro life libertarian, chump, so get a clue before going after me again.

Half-literate pew groveling whack jobs...what IS the world coming to.

Dear Granite: or should I say Zakath- lite. Was it not about a year ago that you renounced your belief in Jesus Christ? Why are you still even here on Theology Online.? Let me guess. You enjoy poking fun at every Christian, and Christian belief that you now consider unpalatable, or goes against your grain. Maybe I did not remember the end of the movie of several years back, but I do remember about a year ago in your thread you stated that you are now more loving, or understanding and tolerant, and Christlike now, then when you were a Christian. Your remarks above, show just how unloving and un-Christlike that you are becoming each day.
I have read most of your posts over the last year, to observe what would happen to a former Christian. IMHO, you have become more hateful and condescending toward your former brothers in the Lord, than I would have thought possible.
You and Zakath are like a wrestling tag team, tit for tat. I can not really see much difference between the two of you, except that he is the bigger, stronger, smarter, and more knowledgable, of your anti- Christian smackdown tag team.

Now back to the topic of this thread. This is what lit up this "4 watt bulb" as you put it. Our courts, just, legally, with neither justice or mercy, starved and dehydrated a living human being to death. A woman who was loved so much by her parents that they were willing to take her home and care for her on their own , at their expense. and the court could find no way to legally, from its previous rulings, allow this to even be given a chance to occur.
That is why Bob is so outraged and I am so outraged as well. Bob is pointing out that we "Christians" have fought and are continuing to fight to have those judges and more just like them {Priscilla Owens} seated, to follow the same unjust rulings that they have had handed down to them.
What is your take on this?...... Golly gee, Bob wants to have judges executed, let's pop a cap. Where is your outrage at what is happening to totally innocent and disabled people in this country. I am sick of your pettiness in light of the greater issues of life and death, and defending the helpless against the heartless machinery of the modern judicial courts and its judges. Shame on you, Granite. If you really think that you are better now, than when you were a pew groveling whacko Christian, then please show it to me, and to others!
If you are a pro- life libertarian, then you could have come on this thread and railed against our courts which invented a right to abortion, and excused themselves for appointing judges who starve disabled women to death. After that you could have done a little research like your alter ego, and said, BTW we did not execute any judges at Nuremburg, so I think we should imprison them. I disagree with putting them to death for ordering them starved to death.
So, Granite, let's see if you can respond with something of substance. As a pro-lifer do you think that we should continue the policy of James Dobson, as regards getting pro- life judges placed on courts. Or do you agree with Bob Enyart. Or do you have a better strategy?

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You're all missing the point. The main point is that Christians are foolish for fighting for judges who are strict constructionists.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Jefferson said:
You're all missing the point. The main point is that Christians are foolish for fighting for judges who are strict constructionists.

I, for one, did not miss that point. I simply prefer not to use that term. I think that Christians should fight for judges who have the wisdom and understanding to apply justice and mercy to the law, and not just rule according to precedent, or the letter of the law. You don't want a "strict constructionist" when it comes to the Dred Scott decision. Neither do you want an "activist" judge when it comes to the Roe vs Wade decision. If it were 1860, I want a judge who declares that contrary to the Constitution, I believe, and judge, that blacks are fully human.
In 2005, I want a litmus test for a judge that says he believes that the unborn are also fully human, and that there is no right to an abortion.
There are times when you want a strict constructionist and there are times when you want an activist judge. They are simply terms that can lose their meaning in defining true justice and mercy.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
jeremiah said:
Dear Granite: or should I say Zakath- lite. ,,,I do remember about a year ago in your thread you stated that you are now more loving, or understanding and tolerant, and Christlike now, then when you were a Christian. Your remarks above, show just how unloving and un-Christlike that you are becoming each day.
I have read most of your posts over the last year, to observe what would happen to a former Christian. IMHO, you have become more hateful and condescending toward your former brothers in the Lord, than I would have thought possible.
I've pointed the same thing out to granite except I told him I thought he was becoming more like Gerald every day, which is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.