Obedience to God and Christ

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As Christian believers we are to be obedient to God and Jesus Christ. Our obedience is commanded. There are things that we are to do.

What are the things that we are to do?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Some things?

James said that if you fail in one point of the law you have failed the whole thing and you are a sinner.
Yes, but sinners and righteous alike are commanded to obey God and Jesus. The Bible is evidence of this.

By a sinner you mean a person who has sinned. If you have sinned you are a sinner.

And also, some people were sinners but are no longer sinners. That is, their identity is not that of a sinner any longer, because a change occurred in their life. This change is not something that they brought about by themselves or on their own. It was solely initiated by God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe I am obedient to some of God's commands.

Is that good enough to inherit life? If you are unsure, you can even check the "Old Testament" where foreshadowing is used extensively in the sin offering. Think of "some blemish" as opposed to "without blemish".

I appreciate your honest answer. Many here will not do what you just admitted.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is that good enough to inherit life? If you are unsure, you can even check the "Old Testament" where foreshadowing is used extensively in the sin offering. Think of "some blemish" as opposed to "without blemish".

I appreciate your honest answer. Many here will not do what you just admitted.
I do not obey all of the commands of the old covenant. But I obey some.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not obey all of the commands of the old covenant. But I obey some.

Well, the Lord Jesus Christ said in the red letters to keep and observe all that the Pharisee commands because he sits in the seat of Moses. That is "New Testament", from God himself.

My point is, don't preach obedience unless you have a reason. Such as showing people fall short of obedience. And through one man's obedience, the gift of life came to all men.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, the Lord Jesus Christ said in the red letters to keep and observe all that the Pharisee commands because he sits in the seat of Moses. That is "New Testament", from God himself.

My point is, don't preach obedience unless you have a reason. Such as showing people fall short of obedience. And through one man's obedience, the gift of life came to all men.
Except if all we teach is that people fall short then does anyone obey what God and Jesus have commanded? If not, was it because we did not know what the commands were, was it because we were unable to do so, was it because though it is possible we chose not to, or was it that we just didn't listen and observe what we were instructed to do?

If God's commands are for our obedience, why do we think they are only to condemn the sinner showing him where he falls short and where he is unable to obey on his own? If we fall short on our own, does that mean that there is a way not to fall short? Meaning, before God we fall short. But with God can we succeed in obeying His commands? This is either by the Spirit or because obeying God is elementary and we somehow have taught ourselves into oblivion to think it is impossible. Because we have all fallen short of God's glory and because we know this from God's commands including the Law of Moses and other Old Testament commands and also what Jesus taught, we know that only in Jesus can we have salvation. But we are not saved in order to sin and be disobedient. We are saved in order that we would obey God and glorify Him, having been completely forgiven of our sins before God in Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You obey just enough to make you a hypocrite.

"Some" is not going to be good enough in the judgment.
I already knew I fell short before I decided to obey the Law. Meaning, I believe I was already forgiven my sin. No reason to keep sinning then.

Robert Pate

Banned
I already knew I fell short before I decided to obey the Law. Meaning, I believe I was already forgiven my sin. No reason to keep sinning then.

It appears that you are obsessed with sin.

If Jesus has defeated it why worry about it. Accept the fact that you are a sinner and move on.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It appears that you are obsessed with sin.

If Jesus has defeated it why worry about it. Accept the fact that you are a sinner and move on.
We are not to move on in sin. We are to obey God's commands. This will show people they fall short. But it is also blessing from God for those who are saved. If you have victory over sin, and I believe you are saying you have had victory (or that Christ had the victory for you) are you now obedient, do you continue in sin, or do you do nothing?

There are things you can do that are not sin. Don't do things that are sin.