BANNED
Banned
Obama vetoes 9/11 bill, possible override by Congress looms
the_fbi__emoticon_by_ninjuhkitteh.png
Am 8:5

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Good, Obama has now done one and a half things I applaud him for (one being healthcare needs reform, but he botched it).

This country has a major problem with false patriotism- as soon as someone says 'veteran', which is virtually no more than a buzz word in this current generation, everyone gets down like a Muslim and throws their money and worth.

Being a registered soldier alone doesn't warrant giving them everything. I know several people out of the military who need nothing else other than what they have been given, one of which was even overwhelmed by how much he got out of it.
I personally don't care to give one red cent to a 20 something year old who only needs such benefits because he spent it all away IN the damn military. Sorry :wave:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what to think about this topic. I tend to think it wouldn't be good to go down that path. Let's say some families sue. What are the chances of anything really happening?
And some people are saying that it would open the US to the same sorts of lawsuits.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sept11-saudi-congress-idUSKCN11Z25O

U.S. lawmakers expressed doubts on Thursday about Sept. 11 legislation they forced on President Barack Obama, saying the new law allowing lawsuits against Saudi Arabia could be narrowed to ease concerns about its effect on Americans abroad.

A day after a rare overwhelming rejection of a presidential veto, the first during Obama's eight years in the White House, the Republican leaders of the Senate and House of Representatives opened the door to fixing the law as they blamed the Democratic president for not consulting them adequately.

:doh: Stupid politicians.