Obama’s immigration chiefs speak out on ‘crisis’ at southern border

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fo...ials-say-there-is-a-crisis-at-southern-border

Obama’s immigration chiefs speak out on ‘crisis’ at southern border

Former Obama administration officials are publicly agreeing with President Trump’s assessment that there is a crisis at the southern border -- even as some Democrats downplay the situation and oppose Trump's declaration of a national emergency.

The latest comments have, in turn, fueled a debate in Washington growing more heated by the day, as the president weighs hardline measures like closing the border. During a conference call Tuesday with reporters, Homeland Security officials declared: “The system is on fire.”

Barack Obama's top immigration officials seem to agree.

“By anyone's definition, by any measure, right now we have a crisis at our southern border,” former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said on “Cavuto LIVE” on Saturday, citing recent stats that “there were 4,000 apprehensions in one day alone this past week, and we're on pace for 100,000 apprehensions on our southern border this month.”

“That is by far a greater number than anything I saw on my watch in my three years as secretary of Homeland Security,” he said.