NYT completely twisted Trump's take on climate change

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Too much to quote, you'll just have to read the whole transcript linked below before you buy the Left's hyperspin.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/11...ps-climate-comments-read-full-nyt-transcript/

This is only the first of many such "reports" from the Left. You'd think some professing Christians would be ashamed of themselves for trumpeting it, and recant.

Try to be more specific when you talk about the "Left", i.e. are you talking about the leftwing media or the leftwing policies and ideology of flip flopper Donald Trump?

What’s Donald Trump’s position on climate change? All of them.

...So, for those keeping score, Trump has:

Denied that climate change is happening and called it a hoax.

Suggested that the world is actually warming, but that humans aren't involved.

Suggested that the world is warming and that humans had a “minor” effect.

Suggested that the world is warming and that there is some “connectivity” to human behavior.

Called for the adoption of policies to curtail human-caused climate change, providing a boon to the economy.

That's all within the past 10 years. Where Trump actually stands once he has to make a decision as president is anyone's guess. But, as always, pay attention to public opinion and the opinions of the people around him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rumps-position-on-climate-change-all-of-them/

I believe that the Secretary of State plays a large role in Climate Change Conferences; how do you think Mormon and soon to be Trump appointee Mitt Romney will do on the subject musterion?

jeffblue101

Suggested that the world is warming and that humans had a “minor” effect.

Suggested that the world is warming and that there is some “connectivity” to human behavior.

Called for the adoption of policies to curtail human-caused climate change, providing a boon to the economy.
[/url]

actually those three points come from the NYT's out context spin. His dislike of man made global warming.
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/11/24/trump-climate-change-fake-news-cartel/
TRUMP: I’m looking at it very closely, Tom. I’ll tell you what. I have an open mind to it. We’re going to look very carefully. It’s one issue that’s interesting because there are few things where there’s more division than climate change. You don’t tend to hear this, but there are people on the other side of that issue who are, think, don’t even …

SULZBERGER: We do hear it.

FRIEDMAN: I was on ‘Squawk Box’ with Joe Kernen this morning, so I got an earful of it.

[laughter]

TRUMP: Joe is one of them. But a lot of smart people disagree with you. I have a very open mind. And I’m going to study a lot of the things that happened on it and we’re going to look at it very carefully. But I have an open mind.

SULZBERGER: Well, since we’re living on an island, sir, I want to thank you for having an open mind. We saw what these storms are now doing, right? We’ve seen it personally. Straight up.

FRIEDMAN: But you have an open mind on this?

TRUMP: I do have an open mind. And we’ve had storms always, Arthur.

SULZBERGER: Not like this.

TRUMP: You know the hottest day ever was in 1890-something, 98. You know, you can make lots of cases for different views. I have a totally open mind.

My uncle was for 35 years a professor at M.I.T. He was a great engineer, scientist. He was a great guy. And he was … a long time ago, he had feelings — this was a long time ago — he had feelings on this subject. It’s a very complex subject. I’m not sure anybody is ever going to really know. I know we have, they say they have science on one side but then they also have those horrible emails that were sent between the scientists. Where was that, in Geneva or wherever five years ago? Terrible. Where they got caught, you know, so you see that and you say, what’s this all about. I absolutely have an open mind. I will tell you this: Clean air is vitally important. Clean water, crystal clean water is vitally important. Safety is vitally important.

And you know, you mentioned a lot of the courses. I have some great, great, very successful golf courses. I’ve received so many environmental awards for the way I’ve done, you know. I’ve done a tremendous amount of work where I’ve received tremendous numbers. Sometimes I’ll say I’m actually an environmentalist and people will smile in some cases and other people that know me understand that’s true. Open mind.

JAMES BENNET, editorial page editor: When you say an open mind, you mean you’re just not sure whether human activity causes climate change? Do you think human activity is or isn’t connected?

TRUMP: I think right now … well, I think there is some connectivity. There is some, something. It depends on how much. It also depends on how much it’s going to cost our companies. You have to understand, our companies are noncompetitive right now.

They’re really largely noncompetitive. About four weeks ago, I started adding a certain little sentence into a lot of my speeches, that we’ve lost 70,000 factories since W. Bush. 70,000. When I first looked at the number, I said: ‘That must be a typo. It can’t be 70, you can’t have 70,000, you wouldn’t think you have 70,000 factories here.’ And it wasn’t a typo, it’s right. We’ve lost 70,000 factories.

We’re not a competitive nation with other nations anymore. We have to make ourselves competitive. We’re not competitive for a lot of reasons.

That’s becoming more and more of the reason. Because a lot of these countries that we do business with, they make deals with our president, or whoever, and then they don’t adhere to the deals, you know that. And it’s much less expensive for their companies to produce products. So I’m going to be studying that very hard, and I think I have a very big voice in it. And I think my voice is listened to, especially by people that don’t believe in it. And we’ll let you know.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
actually those three points come from the NYT's out context spin. His dislike of man made global warming.
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/11/24/trump-climate-change-fake-news-cartel/

The point is Jeffery is that Donald Trump is all over the board on this issue as he is with all other issues.
Wait until the next UN Climate Change Conference and you'll see how Donald Trump stands when he sends a representative to the globalist conference and like his predecessor takes another step towards selling out US sovereignty.

ClimateSanity

It's funny what you call all over the board. This long speech trump gave to the NYT was very skeptical and non committal. He went to great pains to say he is not convinced man has anything to do with it and all the corruption involved and the immense cost to the economy.

As for the other positions he took?.....show me where he went into such a well thought out and passionate defense of his position. You won't find it. All you have is Donald saying whatever is necessary to get the dishonest reporters off his back. He knows full well that in certain portions of the news cycle, saying anything other than what the MSM is pushing will earn you 24/7 outrage on all the alphabet channels which only serve to twist his words.

Donald is one of the few people who know how to handle an adversary press who is totally biased.

ClimateSanity

The point is Jeffery is that Donald Trump is all over the board on this issue as he is with all other issues.
Wait until the next UN Climate Change Conference and you'll see how Donald Trump stands when he sends a representative to the globalist conference and like his predecessor takes another step towards selling out US sovereignty.

You are way off base here. He is the antithesis of a globalist. He won't send a representative to the climate conference and if he does, it will be a climate realist who will be boooed off the stage or not even allowed to attend.

ClimateSanity

I think your problem with trump is that he doesn't hate gays as much as you do and your jealous that he married three beautiful women who didn't ruin him financially and has remarkable kids as a result.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

It's funny what you call all over the board. This long speech trump gave to the NYT was very skeptical and non committal. He went to great pains to say he is not convinced man has anything to do with it and all the corruption involved and the immense cost to the economy.

Those two words should be Donald Trump's middle names: Donald "non committal" Trump, i.e. if you don't like what Donald Trump stands for, wait two seconds and that very likely will change.

As for the other positions he took?.....show me where he went into such a well thought out and passionate defense of his position. You won't find it.

It's well documented in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread. In that thread you'll see Trump's long history of flip flopping as well as meeting with globalists like Henry Kissinger as well as wanting to appoint people to his administration who were in the Bush Sr. and Jr. administrations.

You are way off base here. He is the antithesis of a globalist. He won't send a representative to the climate conference and if he does, it will be a climate realist who will be boooed off the stage or not even allowed to attend.

Let's mark it on our calendars to discuss the next UN Climate Change Conference and who represents the US and what was said.

I think your problem with trump is that he doesn't hate gays as much as you do and your jealous that he married three beautiful women who didn't ruin him financially and has remarkable kids as a result.

I'm sorry that you too are taking my 4 part thread on the recriminalization of homosexuality a tad bit personal. If you go to page 1's index you'll find around 30 organizations that can help you with your sexual confusion.

Speaking of Trump's kids from 3 different wives: Don't forget that he would 'date' his daughter Ivanka (the one who Donald talked about posing for Playboy) if she weren't his daughter. What a pervert.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Greg Jennings

Too much to quote, you'll just have to read the whole transcript linked below before you buy the Left's hyperspin.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/11...ps-climate-comments-read-full-nyt-transcript/

This is only the first of many such "reports" from the Left. You'd think some professing Christians would be ashamed of themselves for trumpeting it, and recant.

He'd be dumb to NOT rethink his previous comments on global warming after being talked to by experts, which I think he has at this point.

The evidence is there. If he's not a complete moron he'll see it

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Go figure.
Bring up climate control, evolution, or any of their dogmas and they'll act like irrational morons.