ECT Not for that nation only

Interplanner

The club of D'ism is so busy saying it is not reading commentaries that it misses all of the basic NT lines.

The rest of God's people that were not in Israel were to be saved by his death, which "was not for that nation (Israel) only."

Or Jn 12:19. The whole world has gone after him. Of course, that would only be Israel in their non-commentaries.

Or God is doing mini-judgements. Jn 12:30. He didn't judge the whole world, he judged the Israel world.

Or Jn 12:31. The prince of the world (CORRECTION: Israel). And the earth is Israel. So "all men" is now Israel.

Yeah, oh, and then there's the last day of judgement in v48. That means Israel. Because everything is going to be done all separate for them and not the same way for the plain meaning of the passage.

Yeah, oh, and then there's make them one (11:52). Now here we really have to do the supposed non-commentary math. One, you see, is sort of like how Bill Clinton does things (it depends on what is is). How many are in one? Well, we now know that there are many nations in one, because Abraham means father of many nations. So obviously there are many ones. God was going to bring his scattered people and make them many Abrahams!

Truly this is why the club cannot make things one when it reads the plain meaning of Eph 2B.

Interplanner

Why don't you teach what Paul taught?

Reconciled by his death, saved by his life.

I was mimicking the club, of course. Those lines are what they say. Right where it says 'not for that nation only' they are at their greatest and most vocal denial that he was for all nations. Not that I'm surprised nor that I ever thought the club has read much of John. They are too busy with sound bytes in the synoptics saying that there are separate kingdoms all over, and that they disciples didn't know Christ was going to die until late in the ministry.

Danoh

I was mimicking the club, of course. Those lines are what they say. Right where it says 'not for that nation only' they are at their greatest and most vocal denial that he was for all nations. Not that I'm surprised nor that I ever thought the club has read much of John. They are too busy with sound bytes in the synoptics saying that there are separate kingdoms all over, and that they disciples didn't know Christ was going to die until late in the ministry.

Lol - that is your repeatedly failed approach's resulting endless mis-fires; nothing more.

You obviously have the interest in these things.

But your approach has some crucial holes in it.

Case in point...

Prior to Israel having been concluded under sin with the Gentiles by the Law for their having continually resisted believing the Law and the Prophets that Jesus was/had been their Prophesied Christ - prior to all that; the Gentiles were basically considered without God, and therefore without hope in the world, from Genesis 11, forward.

Starting from Abraham forward; Israel alone had direct access to God, and through that nation; any Gentile that wanted access - the Gentiles basically considered by God: dogs left behind by God for their idolatry; left behind to eat whatever crumbs might fall from their master's - Israel's - priveleged table.

In your every other post, you reveal that you go by a "perhaps this, maybe that" which you obviously then sloppily leave unsolved for, but from which you then move on to base your ever endless, ever erroneous conclusions on.

God had basically given the Gentiles up to their own path in Genesis 11.

At which point He began anew, to form what became the Twelve Tribes OF ISRAEL.

The result being that the "THAT nation only, the children OF GOD, the MY sheep," kinds of phrases, and so on, all refer to Israel "for at that time" THEY ALONE "were nigh unto God" Eph. 2.

Numbers 23:8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied? 23:9 For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations.

Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses

10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

He has yet to return.

Other than within your allegorizing of anything that does not fit you ever endless, ever full of holes "perhaps" based error upon error.

Lol, you're "theology" is a train wreck, bro.

You might not intend dishonesty on your part going in (only God knoweth), but the endless result of your obvious mis-fires, nevertheless ends you up at...a lie.

Here, bro: from the pen of he who is obviously one of both our favorite Old Testament Prophets...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Interplanner

The Israel-only reading of Jn 11's nations (like DanP elsewhere this morning; meaning, other tribes of Israel) does not hold up given the worldwide mission of Christ that was pending. Of course, there was a stage where all the tribes were contacted to get hold of as many true believers there as possible, to be missionaries.

SaulToPaul 2

The Israel-only reading of Jn 11's nations (like DanP elsewhere this morning; meaning, other tribes of Israel) does not hold up given the worldwide mission of Christ that was pending. Of course, there was a stage where all the tribes were contacted to get hold of as many true believers there as possible, to be missionaries.

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)