"North Korea's sub launch capability has gone from a joke to something very serious"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I've thought for a while that North Korea is the country to really be worried about because they are run by crazies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/20/politics/uss-utah-attack-submarine-named

From the link: "The U.S. Navy has 14 ballistic missile submarines, also called boomers, in service. The boomers . . . can carry 24 nuclear-armed Trident II ballistic missiles and serve as nuclear deterrents."

Nuclear deterrents work fine when we're dealing with fairly reasonable, modern people, like the Russians. A doomsday device, for instance, would deter the Russians (and the United States); but not necessarily North Korea. This is why I posted the OP.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I've thought for a while that North Korea is the country to really be worried about because they are run by crazies.
North Korea may be the greatest rich-poor divide in the world today, in material goods as well as education and knowledge.

Bradley D

Some of their missile launches have not been successful. Also their one main ally China is not too happy with their activities.