Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalmist gets my POTD for Post #6 in this thread:

:think:

I believe there are Christians who are Christ-like. Christians who strive or are striving to achieve a holy unction with a real earnestness or fervor, in their daily living they do show forth the loveliness and truth of Christ . . .

There are Christians -
Applying what Jesus came to teach,
Mat. 5:3-9, Mat. 5:13
Exhibiting the fruit of the spirit, Gal. 5:22-26
Following Jesus example of being a servant, Mark 10:43-44
Who are merciful in acts of kindness because they love others, John 13:1-5, John 13:13-17, John 13:34
Who unselfishly desire to please others, Romans 15:2-7
Seeking to be imitators of Christ, Eph. 5:1
Who walk in love, with sweet-smelling aroma, Eph. 5:2
Not seeking their own desires, but the well-being of other’s, 1 Cor. 10:24
That do all as unto the Lord, as in 1 Cor. 13:4-7
Those that are Christ-like, grow in Christ-like maturity also, 1 Cor. 13:11
They grow in the grace and knowledge, 2 Peter 3:18
They do good to all - especially to those who are of the household of faith. Gal. 6:10
Not through selfish ambition, Phi. 2:3

They are forbearing and forgiving - Col. 3:13

Daily they are . . . 2 Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. Heb. 12:2-3

And believe . . . For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps. 1 Peter 2:21 <> He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. 1 John 2:6 <> By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

They are light and salt, Mat. 5:13-16

So . . . That you [they] may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world. Phi. 2:15

So that you became examples to all, 1 The. 1:7

Peter's plea . . . 11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation. 1 Peter 2:11-12

The reason with meekness and good conscience . . . 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 1 Peter 3:15-16

Yes, I believe there are Christians who are Christ-like.

- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

:first:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Psalmist gets my POTD for Post #6 in this thread:

:first:

The recognition is humbly appreciated :)

I firmly believe when asked about the Christian life, it should be spoken of with clear and absolute truth, and scripturally well referenced.

- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

PKevman

Great choice Nori, and great post Psalmist! I would probably rank that in my top 10 of the year so far.

elected4ever

Probably the most christian politically correct and traditional statement but also the most diabolical in a sense. The most unlivable faith a man can describe.:down:

Status
Not open for further replies.