Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NickM hit the nail on the head with this one:

I think this leads to more divorce than anything. It starts here, with weak men that do not love their wives as Jesus loves the world.

Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her

If getting run down by a Mack truck is needed, then that is what you do. (not that this action would actually help, but you get the idea) He went to the cross for you, what have you done for her?

God can not command emotions, but he can command behavior.

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.

1 Corinthians 7:3
Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her,...

Is eyeballing other women your idea of affection? :dead:

Proverbs 31 tells us that a virtuous wife is worth more than rubies. How many husbands treat their wives as the treasure that they are? My late husband treated me like I was a treasure that he had searched for all his life. That made me want to be more obedient to him. That is what I'm hoping to find for my daughter as she approaches that point in her life. I want her to marry a man who will treat her like she is a treasure to him, given by God.

Think about it, guys. If you find a woman who is worth making a vow to love and take care of for all of your life, shouldn't you treat her like she is worth more than all the gold in the world? I know that when Steve treated me that way, I wanted to treat him the same way. While I knew that he would lay down his life to protect me and our family, I would do the same for him and our family.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NickM hit the nail on the head with this one:

Proverbs 31 tells us that a virtuous wife is worth more than rubies. How many husbands treat their wives as the treasure that they are? My late husband treated me like I was a treasure that he had searched for all his life. That made me want to be more obedient to him. That is what I'm hoping to find for my daughter as she approaches that point in her life. I want her to marry a man who will treat her like she is a treasure to him, given by God.

Think about it, guys. If you find a woman who is worth making a vow to love and take care of for all of your life, shouldn't you treat her like she is worth more than all the gold in the world? I know that when Steve treated me that way, I wanted to treat him the same way. While I knew that he would lay down his life to protect me and our family, I would do the same for him and our family.

:think:

A husband is a covering. :rain:

A wife is not a door mat. :nono:

When I hear husbands love your wives, I think of Ruth and Boaz. :hetro:​

That's​
- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think:

A husband is a covering. :rain:

A wife is not a door mat. :nono:

When I hear husbands love your wives, I think of Ruth and Boaz. :hetro:​

That's​
- 30 -​
:scripto:. . Psalmist

I love that story, Psalmist.. my favorite next to the love story of Jesus Christ and His love for me which is #1.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.