Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wise words from a young man:

My wife and I married only 3 months after we met. It's easy for anyone to do the same thing. And why not? Great joy comes from being married. I suspect you have committment issues.

For a marriage to work, committment is more important than love. If you get married based on that mushy gushy feeling, you're sure to end up divorced. If you can fall in love you can fall out of love. If start from the beginning utterly committed instead of utterly in love your marriage has a greater chance of working out! :hetro:

As for this hypothetical woman, yeah, she should get married, the kids will be better off with a mom and a dad and then she can fill her role by taking care of the kids so they are protected from a goverment institution that wants to turn them all into sex-crazed, retards.

...Marriage in this case, would be well more than "worth it"...

D2I, you are definitely right, in this case. It's as easy to fall out of love as it is to fall in love. :first:

Granite

Hall of Fame
My folks got hitched after they knew each for six weeks and they've been together for quite some time, but I'd say they were both extremely lucky and extremely fated. The exception to the rule, to be sure.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That kind of skepticism is a little peculiar comin' from ya, D2i. Congrats (belated) by the way.

red77

Wise words from a young man:

D2I, you are definitely right, in this case. It's as easy to fall out of love as it is to fall in love. :first:

:think:

while I totally agree that committment is really important I don't agree that it's easy to 'fall out of love' with someone, if that was the case I don't think the person was truly in love to begin with and more infatuated, true love and committment go hand in hand IMO and is the best combo there is, after all, if you truly love someone (and not mushy gushy, I mean actual love) then you'd be more than willing to commit to them surely?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think:

while I totally agree that committment is really important I don't agree that it's easy to 'fall out of love' with someone, if that was the case I don't think the person was truly in love to begin with and more infatuated, true love and committment go hand in hand IMO and is the best combo there is, after all, if you truly love someone (and not mushy gushy, I mean actual love) then you'd be more than willing to commit to them surely?

In a way, I agree with you on this. But, most of the people I know who "fall in love" have only known each other a short amount of time. And, of those people, those who got married after falling in love stayed married for less than five years. Real love is something that grows with time. Sometimes it starts growing from nothing more than shared beliefs or moral values or friendship or respect. The marriages that I've seen last many years are the ones that usually began for reasons other than falling in love (mutual respect, shared beliefs, wanting children, not wanting to be alone, etc...). In my opinion, true love is what will grow when you make the commitment to someone for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.