Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Todah gets my POTD for this post:

It is so sad that 40 years after Martin Luther King Jr. died that this country "judged a man not on the content of his character, but on the color of his skin," and elected him President.

Martin Luther King Jr. would have been crying a different type of tears, than his successor Jesse Jackson was seen with.

Obama didn't get elected because he is black, he got elected because George W. was such a worthless president. Heck, 8 years of Dubya could catapult any opposition into power.

My point is that many people with black skin voted for him {95% total?] because he also had black skin. They did not vote for him because of the content of his character. Many people with other skin colors voted for him because he had black skin, again, not because of the content of his character.

There are very few people in this country who would vote against a partial birth abortion ban, and against a baby who survived an abortion, no matter the reasoning used.

Nor would very many fathers say to their child, "I would not want to be punished with a child."

These are just a few character issues which were ignored, largely, because we all had the chance for our first black skinned President.

Millions of black people, especially, were crying tears of joy over that very fact.

They have missed the meaning of Martin Luther King Jr's. hope.

"I look forward to the day when a man is judged , not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character."

That day did not occur on November the fourth, despite the tears and jubilation of a Jesse Jackson, or an Oprah Winfrey.

If people "think" it was that day, then it is a complete perversion and misunderstanding of what Mr. King stood for. For either reason, if one voted for him because he has black skin, or if one is celebrating because we have elected a man with black skin, then we have still not moved past the lie, that the color of one's skin, is more important than his character.

Great post, Todah! :first:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great pick!

assuranceagent

This is a great pick and I applaud you for the foresight you showed in posting it a day early!

Wonder who'll get the honor today? :think:

:noid:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a great pick and I applaud you for the foresight you showed in posting it a day early!

Wonder who'll get the honor today? :think:

:noid:

:chuckle: I know. I realized a couple of hours later that my calendar, on my computer, was a day off.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think JFK would have cried too, over the fact that a Communist ran on the Democrat platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.