Non-Discrimination in Workplace Hiring and Policy, and Sexual-Orientation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not every non-discrimination statement, and there are some really good ones that seem to be in line with scripture, has sexual-orientation as something you can't be discriminated for. But if it is against the law, against God's Law, what is it called? Hire and fire? Hire and save? Don't hire because it is against God's law? Should we only hire people who are not sinning? Is there workplace behavior that is required for all those who apply and are then now subsequently hired?

I am a man who is looking for work, but I feel that I don't want to work for people who say they will not discriminate based on sexual-orientation, because it is allowing for sin to exist in the workplace. In other words, leave it out and include those things that are in keeping with God's law in your statement.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What employer do you know of that employs zero sinners?

I suppose if someone lives the way God wants them to they are not living the life of a sinner, even though I may want to bring the Law to them to prove that they are sinners in need of saving, in need of a Savior, God, Jesus.

glassjester

I suppose if someone lives the way God wants them to they are not living the life of a sinner, even though I may want to bring the Law to them to prove that they are sinners in need of saving, in need of a Savior, God, Jesus.

My point is that every workplace is staffed by people in need of a savior. Because we're all in need of the Savior.

I suppose your best option would be to look for a place to work where people acknowledge that fact.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned

I keep saying this over and over, but we live in a society where not everyone recognizes your God as God, and they don't care about this. They have the right to believe as they want to. I don't understand this constant push to merge God with secular law.

And don't get me wrong: I despise how Godless our society has come, but that is a private sector issue, not an issue of law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My point is that every workplace is staffed by people in need of a savior. Because we're all in need of the Savior.

I suppose your best option would be to look for a place to work where people acknowledge that fact.

What about a place that employs believers?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I keep saying this over and over, but we live in a society where not everyone recognizes your God as God, and they don't care about this. They have the right to believe as they want to. I don't understand this constant push to merge God with secular law.

And don't get me wrong: I despise how Godless our society has come, but that is a private sector issue, not an issue of law

My God. Okay. I hope we have the same God.

As for secular law might it become more and more like God's law or is it simply secular being that it is without God?

glassjester

What about a place that employs believers?

Yes, that's what I meant.

But even there, you will have no guarantee of each employee's personal life.
Also, maybe working with nonbelievers will give you the chance to evangelize.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If someone says do not discriminate based on race, though I do not understand what is meant by race we understand what is meant. May we not say the same of sexual orientation, a concept which perhaps should not exist. It seems to say people who sin more than people who were born or people who are persecuted or discriminated against.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
My God. Okay. I hope we have the same God........

Yes we do. But He is not many of our neighbors' God, and you cannot force them to live according to His laws. You have to find a way to achieve the same ends by making secular or scientific arguments that transcend religion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes we do. But He is not many of our neighbors' God, and you cannot force them to live according to His laws. You have to find a way to achieve the same ends by making secular or scientific arguments that transcend religion.
That kind of makes sense. Why would they be expected to live according to God's Law?

How is that you believe an argument can transcend for example the Torah or the Bible?

Have you heard of thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them? Their own thoughts? These are a law of themself. In that they show the work of the Law written on their heart.