Non African Americans must prove they are black enough

ClimateSanity

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/15/daniel-kaluuya-of-get-out-says-people-like-samuel-/

And they aren't really talking about skin color either. Samuel L Jackson is giving this guy a hard time.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
your link's scrambled

The star of the horror film “Get Out” says people like actor Samuel L. Jackson always make him “prove” that he is “black enough.”

Mr. Jackson’s recent critique of “Get Out” was that it may have been better if an “American brother” were cast in the star role, instead of the U.K.’s Daniel Kaluuya, who “grew up in a country where they’ve been interracial dating for 100 years.” The comments, made to a New York radio station on March 6, rubbed Mr. Kaluuya the wrong way.

“Here’s the thing about that critique, though,” the actor told GQ magazine on Monday. “I’m dark-skinned, bro. When I’m around black people, I’m made to feel ‘other’ because I’m dark-skinned. I’ve had to wrestle with that, with people going ‘You’re too black.’ Then I come to America and they say, ‘You’re not black enough.’ I go to Uganda, I can’t speak the language. In India, I’m black. In the black community, I’m dark-skinned. In America, I’m British. Bro!”

“Get Out,” directed by comedian Jordan Peele, has made over $113 million globally since its Feb. 24. release. It involves a young black man who uncovers a town’s dark secrets while visiting the parents of his white girlfriend.

“In order to prove that I can play this role, I have to open up about the trauma that I’ve experienced as a black person,” Mr. Kaluuya said. “I have to show off my struggle so that people accept that I’m black.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/15/daniel-kaluuya-of-get-out-says-people-like-samuel-/

ok doser

looks black to me :idunno:

img-daniel-kaluuya_132236993946.jpg

Danoh

your link's scrambled

The star of the horror film “Get Out” says people like actor Samuel L. Jackson always make him “prove” that he is “black enough.”

Mr. Jackson’s recent critique of “Get Out” was that it may have been better if an “American brother” were cast in the star role, instead of the U.K.’s Daniel Kaluuya, who “grew up in a country where they’ve been interracial dating for 100 years.” The comments, made to a New York radio station on March 6, rubbed Mr. Kaluuya the wrong way.

“Here’s the thing about that critique, though,” the actor told GQ magazine on Monday. “I’m dark-skinned, bro. When I’m around black people, I’m made to feel ‘other’ because I’m dark-skinned. I’ve had to wrestle with that, with people going ‘You’re too black.’ Then I come to America and they say, ‘You’re not black enough.’ I go to Uganda, I can’t speak the language. In India, I’m black. In the black community, I’m dark-skinned. In America, I’m British. Bro!”

“Get Out,” directed by comedian Jordan Peele, has made over $113 million globally since its Feb. 24. release. It involves a young black man who uncovers a town’s dark secrets while visiting the parents of his white girlfriend.

“In order to prove that I can play this role, I have to open up about the trauma that I’ve experienced as a black person,” Mr. Kaluuya said. “I have to show off my struggle so that people accept that I’m black.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/15/daniel-kaluuya-of-get-out-says-people-like-samuel-/

The same happens between whites and whites, and between other ethnicities and their own...all the time.

Last edited:

ok doser

i wonder if samuel jackson had anything to say about bammy not being an american black?