No Need To Tithe

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
No Need To Tithe

This is the show from Wednesday, January 11th 2011.

SUMMARY:

* Daniel Mynyk: Freedom to Give -- The Biblical Truth about Tithing
: Pastor Bob Enyart of Denver Bible Church interviews author Daniel Mynyk who wrote Freedom to Give presenting a powerful argument that God does not want believers today to tithe but that He does want them to give to the furtherance of the Gospel freely and cheerfully.

organiccornflake

Yup. A required tithe (tax) makes church members think "I have to do this" as opposed to "I want to do this." An offering is a method of worship, and shouldn't be forced or overly-encouraged.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep! Tithing is for the Levitical Temple service, and does not pertain to the Body of Christ.

Let everyone give as he purposes in his heart, not by obligation.

2Co_9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yep! Tithing is for the Levitical Temple service, and does not pertain to the Body of Christ.

Let everyone give as he purposes in his heart, not by obligation.

2Co_9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
:thumb:

If each member of the Body of Christ is a priest (1 Peter), then we should all be receiving tithes!
:ha:

I've got to use that.