Nineveh's POTD 6-23-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
logos_x said:
On this thread, Knight posted the definitive argument that caused all my problems with the Open Veiw to disappear.

Knight said:
God wants to affect our freewill! He wants to move us in the direction that more closely conforms to His will.

If God were an uninvolved God watching creation from a distance one might be able to make a more persuasive argument that God can know our future without effecting our freewill (the argument still fails logically but it would be far more understandable). Yet that isn't the God of the Bible! Please don't misunderstand, I am not claiming that those arguing for freewill and exhaustive foreknowledge being compatible are claiming God is not involved, far from it! I am simply saying that their argument would be more believable if God weren't a personal God.

God is in the business of effecting our will without completely controlling our will. Sort of like gathering sheep. :sheep: :)

Once this is seen, God's redemptive interaction effectively elliminates any need for exhaustive foreknowledge. It also is the most consonant view with the Bible's presentation.

I therefore have reconsidered my previous arguments for exhaustive foreknowledge, and find them to be erroneous.

Thank you Knight for letting God use you to let me see it. :BRAVO:

Post 383

That is an awsome thread Knight! And :BRAVO: to you too logos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.