Nineveh's PotD 4-17-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Lovejoy said:
keypurr said:
A pharmacist has an obligation to fill the order unless he thinks the doctor has made a mistake. then he is to call the Doctor to check it out. He has NO right to impose his religious dogma on any one. If he has a problem with that, he should find another kind of employment.
What you are asking for here, then, is a medical field full of either:

A) no Christians
B) Christians who are willing to compromise their view on what is murder for the sake of employment
C) Christians who don't care (who are likely not Christian's at all)

I find that depressingly short sighted of you Keypurr. Is that who Christians should have to receive care from? I refuse to accomodate the rest of the world on this. Pharmacists have the same rights as anyone, and no one would fight with a doc that refused to prescribe one of these drugs for moral reasons.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if a pharmacist is employed by a drug store (or hospital) that would normally provide this drug, he or she should move to a different company.

Post #28 on this page.

Well said Lovejoy :)

Lovejoy

Thank you Ninevah. I think this hit me where I live, as a day will come in the near future where I may find myself having to make decisions on what kind of practice I want to run. ARNP's in my state handle drugs like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.