New member here - User CP is limited?

genusCastor

Howdy all. I'm trying to set up my new TOL account and found some of the user control panel options are not available, like I can't upload a custom avatar. Is this SMO? Or am I missing something?

TIA

- djb

ghost

Hall of Fame
You need to have 50 posts minimum, be here for 14 days, and drink Dos Equis :cheers:

genusCastor

Thanks for the welcome.
yellowsmile.gif

And I don't see a Search option to search the forum, either...
raised.gif

- djb

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I saw that in another thread (well, the 14 days & 50 posts part
yellowlaugh.gif
).

Don't tell me these requirements also apply to search privileges...
yellowrolleyes.gif

- djb

Ultimately, its all up to Knight. As Ghost said, there are minimums, but Knight can and does open up all sorts of stuff and options as he sees that you aren't a :troll:. Stick around for a bit...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL. The board does get funner if you stick around. ;)

Mr. 5020

Howdy all. I'm trying to set up my new TOL account and found some of the user control panel options are not available, like I can't upload a custom avatar. Is this SMO? Or am I missing something?

TIA

- djb
Welcome to TOL!

The search option takes up a lot (it's a huge site to search), so you have to be here a couple weeks, and engage in some dialogue, before you can use it. It's the same thing with custom avatars. If you want to skip the wait time, you can also subscribe.

CLICK HERE for all the info on subscriber levels.

genusCastor

Okay then............:think:........nice weather we're having...

Welcome aboard. :e4e:
Nice weather fo'sho. We're getting much needed rain here. :)

So, let's see... Someone registers as a new member, is curious to know what they've been missing, but can't search the forum.
slap.gif

Guess I'll hang out here and post 46 more complaints.
yellowlaugh.gif

- djb

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nice weather fo'sho. We're getting much needed rain here. :)

So, let's see... Someone registers as a new member, is curious to know what they've been missing, but can't search the forum.
slap.gif

Guess I'll hang out here and post 46 more complaints.
yellowlaugh.gif

- djb
And wait two weeks...shoot, I forgot you didn't want me to tell you that. :plain: :eek: