new member Dec 5

republicanchick

Hello

I have been a Christian all my life, but not always a good one :(

I am interested in learning about other Christians and their walk with Jesus

Spitfire

You'll find all kinds of Christians who describe themselves as all sorts of things here. That being said, you might want to familiarize yourself with dispensationalism in particular, since whether Christians subscribe to dispensationailsm's two gospels or have other ideas about the nature and unity of the gospel tends to underpin the debates about most everything else. Of course, if you're an American Evangelical, it's possible that you're very familiar with sensationalism already. :p

Enjoy your stay!

Last edited:

republicanchick

You'll find all kinds of Christians who describe themselves as all sorts of things here. That being said, you might want to familiarize yourself with dispensationalism in particular, since whether Christians subscribe to dispensationailsm's two gospels or have other ideas about the nature and unity of the gospel tends to underpin the debates about most everything else. Of course, if you're an American Evangelical, it's possible that you're very familiar with sensationalism already.

Enjoy your stay!

thanks

what are dispensationalism's 2 gospels?

:plain:

Spitfire

what are dispensationalism's 2 gospels?
The gospel preached by Paul to the mystical body of Christ (the gentiles) and the gospel preached by Jesus and the other apostles to Jesus' material kingdom (the Jews of Israel).

Probably someone who holds to dispensationalism ought to explain further in more detail, as it is not my intention to misrepresent anyone, and this is a dispensationalist website so there is no shortage of such people here! As for myself, I am very convinced that Jesus and Paul both preached the same gospel, which Roman Catholics are required to believe anyway, though this is the position of older Reform Protestant groups like Lutherans and Presbyterians as well.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The gospel preached by Paul to the mystical body of Christ (the gentiles) and the gospel preached by Jesus and the other apostles to Jesus' material kingdom (the Jews of Israel).

Probably someone who holds to dispensationalism ought to explain further in more detail, as it is not my intention to misrepresent anyone, and this is a dispensationalist website so there is no shortage of such people here! As for myself, I am very convinced that Jesus and Paul both preached the same gospel, which Roman Catholics are required to believe anyway, though this is the position of older Reform Protestant groups like Lutherans and Presbyterians as well.

I don't think presbyterian is into dispensationalism although they might believe the second coming is of the future.