Never Introducted Myself...

Guildenstern

I just realized that there is a "Newbie" portal. Anyways, I am on another forum that is run very similar to this one. There is a rep system, avatars, etc. About 80% of that board is atheist/agnostic and I have come to receive a fairly "elated" position there. For once, it seemed atheists were completely comfortable with a "Christian" presence as my perspective was far from the "status quo" they were used to.

The fact that it has helped some shift from atheist to agnostic, or even from agnostic to "searching agnostic" has felt good to be a part of. Me personally? I was an agnostic most of my life, then became a deist in my mid-teens. Slowly, I started to study the Bible and found it fascinating. I have no religious affiliation and probably never will as I feel it is contradictory to how God works with people.

Anyhow, I jumped right into the deep end on these boards & perhaps made myself seem a bit pretentious, even full of myself. I hope no one thinks this is the case. I treat Revelation as a book to be respected and treat all my studies within it as "theoretical" in application, so it is definitely somewhat startling to see self-proclaimed prophets giving their own dichotomies of it.

Irregardless, nearly everything before Revelation has been studied to shreds by me. Still aspiring! Hoping to meet nice people, expand my knowledge & perspective, and turn up the heat sometimes in debates. :)

bybee

I just realized that there is a "Newbie" portal. Anyways, I am on another forum that is run very similar to this one. There is a rep system, avatars, etc. About 80% of that board is atheist/agnostic and I have come to receive a fairly "elated" position there. For once, it seemed atheists were completely comfortable with a "Christian" presence as my perspective was far from the "status quo" they were used to.

The fact that it has helped some shift from atheist to agnostic, or even from agnostic to "searching agnostic" has felt good to be a part of. Me personally? I was an agnostic most of my life, then became a deist in my mid-teens. Slowly, I started to study the Bible and found it fascinating. I have no religious affiliation and probably never will as I feel it is contradictory to how God works with people.

Anyhow, I jumped right into the deep end on these boards & perhaps made myself seem a bit pretentious, even full of myself. I hope no one thinks this is the case. I treat Revelation as a book to be respected and treat all my studies within it as "theoretical" in application, so it is definitely somewhat startling to see self-proclaimed prophets giving their own dichotomies of it.

Irregardless, nearly everything before Revelation has been studied to shreds by me. Still aspiring! Hoping to meet nice people, expand my knowledge & perspective, and turn up the heat sometimes in debates. :)

Welcome

keypurr

Your posts are very interesting friend, welcome again to TOL. I also gave up church for I cannot accept their traditional doctrines. I was very active in church at one time.