NC Economy Barely Impacted by Backlash to Transgender Bathroom Law

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Although opponents of North Carolina's controversial transgender bathroom law have claimed that corporate backlash will cause huge economic losses, Lt. Gov. Dan Forrest said Wednesday that the state's economy is doing "extremely well" despite small losses suffered from HB 2-related backlash.

Since North Carolina passed a bill last March that prohibits local governments from forcing businesses to allow people to access bathrooms consistent with their gender identity, a number of corporations have responded to the so-called "anti-LGBT" law by either changing plans to expand to the state or by canceling previously scheduled events or moving them out of the state.

As PayPal, Deutsche Bank, NBA, NCAA and various entertainers have canceled their plans to move, perform or host championship and all-star events in the state, that has propelled liberal critics of the law to proclaim that the law is detrimental to the state's economy.

Various reports and studies have been published proclaiming that North Carolina could lose hundreds of millions of dollars in gross domestic product and a University of California Los Angeles study produced last year proclaimed that North Carolina could lose upwards of $5 billion in GDP over HB 2-related consequences every year.

Despite the fact that so many businesses and organizations have spoken out against HB 2, North Carolina continues to rank as one of the top states for businesses.

In November, Forbes and Site Selection magazine both ranked North Carolina as the No. 2 state in the nation for business. In July, CNBC ranked the state as the No. 5 state for business. Meanwhile, Chief Executive Magazine polled 513 CEOs across the nation last May, who ranked North Carolina as the No. 3 best state in the nation for business.

"We are doing extremely well on the economic side and doing all the right things as Republicans to get our economy back in order again," Forest said during a special Family Research Council webcast hosted by FRC President Tony Perkins.

"We have created hundreds of thousands of new jobs over the last couple of years and businesses are still moving here and people are moving here in record numbers."

Yay! God takes care of those who take a stand on truth. Do not be afraid to walk according to what is right.

Psalm 118:5 From my distress I called upon the LORD; The LORD answered me and set me in a large place. 6 The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me? 7T he LORD is for me among those who help me; Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.…

Danoh

Yay! God takes care of those who take a stand on truth. Do not be afraid to walk according to what is right.

Psalm 118:5 From my distress I called upon the LORD; The LORD answered me and set me in a large place. 6 The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me? 7T he LORD is for me among those who help me; Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those who hate me.…

Yo, clueless - that passage is one of countless portraits in Scripture depicting Christ's then future sufferings on the Cross.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Just how does NC plan on enforcing such a law - placing guards at the entrances of every public washroom to conduct strip-searches to confirm the biological sex of all those entering?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Politafact rates this claim false.

Nobody cares what your liberal biased 'fact checkers' have to say. If you ever took the time to read half of it, they are most often obvious downplays on anything conservative, and amplify anything liberal.

They've been shown to be wrong many of times, and there are studies that show they have a heavy slant against the Right.

Also
I'm just plain damn tired of them- you all post them like they're stated from God.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Nobody cares what your liberal biased 'fact checkers' have to say. If you ever took the time to read half of it, they are most often obvious downplays on anything conservative, and amplify anything liberal.

They've been shown to be wrong many of times, and there are studies that show they have a heavy slant against the Right.

Also
I'm just plain damn tired of them- you all post them like they're stated from God.

Yeah, we're happy with the alternative facts coming from the wackadoodles.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

MrDante

Also

nothing terrifies conservatives more than facts.

MrDante

Youre an idiot troll who cant read. The claim you link to there, is a DIFFERENT specific monetary claim.

Seems like even a total moron would at least read the date on it before they try to trick people:

So brainiac, no way its discussing what i posted.

I spent ten minutes laughing at the irony of this post.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i glad to see that you agree with me! :thumb:

virtually all of the posters here do! :banana:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
images..jpg