Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
National Pro-Life Strategy

Thursday March 24th, 2005. This is show #59.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
What's so complicated about starving an innocent woman to death? It's only complicated when you've been compromising on "Do not murder" for so many years that you no longer know when you're making concessions, you no longer know right and wrong. And you think your political power is more important than standing up and stopping a woman from being killed.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
If according to National Right to Life, President Bush is 100% pro life, then I am 200% pro life, and someone like Bob is 400% pro life.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good point.

But how come you aren't 400%, jeremiah? What's the distinction?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
billwald said:
According to the "sin nature" theory, no one is "innocent." Some don't get caught in the act.
Are you saying that Terri should be starved to death because she is not sinless? Is that one of the ways you try to justify the slaughter of the unborn, too?

Not all sins are capital crimes. In this context, "innocent" means "not guilty of crime" or "not deserving of execution." It doesn't mean "sinless").

• All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. 1 John 5:17

Last edited:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
Good point.

But how come you aren't 400%, jeremiah? What's the distinction?

Because if Bush is 100% pro-life, then 100% has no meaning, or not a technical meaning. It is simply hyperbole? I think that my positions and actions are probably "truly" 100% pro-life.
However since Bob has done and is doing so much more than I am, through his Pastorate, his church, and his radio program, he has to be at least 400% compared to me! Hyperbolically :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
Because if Bush is 100% pro-life, then 100% has no meaning, or not a technical meaning.
Amen!
It is simply hyperbole? I think that my positions and actions are probably "truly" 100% pro-life.
However since Bob has done and is doing so much more than I am, through his Pastorate, his church, and his radio program, he has to be at least 400% compared to me! Hyperbolically :D
So you two (or should I say, we three) share the same views, but the distinction is that Bob is more active and influencial than you (and me).

That what I was hoping you meant. :thumb: Thanks for clarifying.

billwald

"Are you saying that Terri should be starved to death because she is not sinless?"

No, that "innocent" should only be applied to Jesus.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
billwald said:
"Are you saying that Terri should be starved to death because she is not sinless?"

No, that "innocent" should only be applied to Jesus.
You might want to look up the word innocent in a dictionary. It's definition isn't limited to "sinless." It just isn't. This might be more ridiculous than your repeated assertions that all witnesses must be eye-witnesses. I know you have your own personal version of the Bible that you push, but now I'm starting to think you want everyone to use your own dictionary too.

What word should be used in these verses in place of "innocent"?

billwald

Note your citations are all OT. Inhereted sin is a NT concept.

Standard dictionaries don't always properly define theological concepts - mostly because popular Protestant writers are sloppy thinkers who can change the meaning of a word 3 times in one paragraph.

It is the short words that cause the trouble. For example, "Greater is he that is in you than he who is in the world." What is the meaning of "in?"

Status
Not open for further replies.