Mr. Religion's Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Mr. Religion is the pope of Calvinism on this Forum. Since I am anti-Calvinist and pro Gospel there is a definite conflict between us. Mr. Religion apparently reads everything that I post and then makes a list of the things that he believes are in error and post them. Example, I said that the Bible is not a perfect book because it was written by imperfect men. Mr. Religion took offense to that. Was Peter a perfect man? How about James? James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12. Where were the disciples after Jesus was arrested? They all went into hiding except for John. John stood by our Lord after he was arrested.

The Bible is not a perfect book but the Gospel is a perfect message. There is nothing wrong with the Gospel, but there is a lot wrong with human nature. The disciples were common uneducated men that were drawn to Christ because of the miracles. They had no idea of what Jesus had accomplished in his life, death and resurrection until Pentecost, Acts 2. All of the apostles died a violent death for Christ and his Gospel, except for John.

There is no doubt about it, Mr. Religion is very religious. Please note all of those men at the bottom of Mr. Religion's page. Can it be that he holds men's persons in admiration? "Holding men's person's in admiration because of advantage" Jude 16. Jesus said, "Beware of men" Matthew 10:17 We are not called to have confidence in men. Especially men that are religious and influential like Mr. Religion. I am sure that Mr. Religion is very well educated. His use of words is excellent, unlike this poor uneducated country boy that had to drop out of High School to support himself.

The Corinthians said that Paul's bodily presence was weak and his speech was contemptible, 2 Corinthians 10:10. I can identify with Paul there. No show boat religion here, just the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I would rather be right than religious and popular. Mr. Religion has over 120 friends. I think that I might have 20. After this article it will probably go to 0.

My biggest complaint against Mr. Religion is that he does not believe that "Jesus is Lord". If you believe that "Jesus is Lord" then you must believe that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Mr. Religion does not believe any of that, nor does he believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To not believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ is a really, really, big problem. Jesus said, "I therefore say unto you, that you shall die in your sins: FOR IF YOU BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS" John 8:24. It is imperative that you believe that Jesus is Lord or God if you want to be saved. Jesus sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation19:16. Having conquered sin, death and the devil.

If Jesus has conquered sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. then who needs Mr. Religions worthless, Calvinist religion? All Calvinist are deniers of the Gospel. The foundation of the Gospel is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, not just some sins, but all sins, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Not just some selected few, but all that want to be saved.

Mr. Religion's religion stinks and is full of heresy's and lies. "God does so love the world" John 3:16 and not just you, you proud Pharisee. Unless you repent from your false religion you will most certainly perish, just as you should for rejecting the Gospel.

Danoh

I don't subscribe to Calvinism either.

One problem on your end though, is various passages in Scripture like 2 Samuel 23:2; Daniel 10:21; Matthew 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:21, and so on.

Or as Isaiah put that - Isaiah 8:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't subscribe to Calvinism either.

One problem on your end though, is various passages in Scripture like 2 Samuel 23:2; Daniel 10:21; Matthew 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:21, and so on.

Or as Isaiah put that - Isaiah 8:20.

The "word" such as the "word" of God, is usually the law or the Gospel. Jesus was the "word of God" incarnate in human flesh. Where is the conflict?

6days

Robert Pate said:
Bible is not a perfect book because it was written by imperfect men.
God's Word is perfect. Our Bibles are a good representation of the original θεόπνευστος, God breathed Scripture. While our Bibles are translations, which is not perfect...God's Word is. Psalm 118:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless"

Robert Pate

Banned
God's Word is perfect. Our Bibles are a good representation of the original θεόπνευστος, God breathed Scripture. While our Bibles are translations, which is not perfect...God's Word is. Psalm 118:30 "As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless"

Of course God's word is perfect, but the men that wrote God's word were not perfect. Even the apostle Paul had some problems that were not according to the Spirit of God, 1 Corinthians 14:34,35. Maybe this is why Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is correct. God used imperfect people to record His perfect Word.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit makes people or the things that people do as perfect.

John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" John 1:8.

6days

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that the Holy Spirit makes people or the things that people do as perfect.

John said, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us" John 1:8.
But, you already agreed God's Word is perfect.
So... now you don't think it's perfect?
Was your god ineffective at sending the message?
Do you consider yourself a judge of God's Word... determining what is truth?

glorydaz

The Holy Scriptures are not "things that people do", they are words given by inspiration of God which men recorded....just as the prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is God's work, not mans'.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

glorydaz

Mr. Religion is the pope of Calvinism on this Forum. Since I am anti-Calvinist and pro Gospel there is a definite conflict between us. Mr. Religion apparently reads everything that I post and then makes a list of the things that he believes are in error and post them. Example, I said that the Bible is not a perfect book because it was written by imperfect men. Mr. Religion took offense to that. Was Peter a perfect man? How about James? James sent men to spy on Peter and Barnabas to see if they were eating with Gentiles, Galatians 2:12. Where were the disciples after Jesus was arrested? They all went into hiding except for John. John stood by our Lord after he was arrested.

The Bible is not a perfect book but the Gospel is a perfect message. There is nothing wrong with the Gospel, but there is a lot wrong with human nature. The disciples were common uneducated men that were drawn to Christ because of the miracles. They had no idea of what Jesus had accomplished in his life, death and resurrection until Pentecost, Acts 2. All of the apostles died a violent death for Christ and his Gospel, except for John.

There is no doubt about it, Mr. Religion is very religious. Please note all of those men at the bottom of Mr. Religion's page. Can it be that he holds men's persons in admiration? "Holding men's person's in admiration because of advantage" Jude 16. Jesus said, "Beware of men" Matthew 10:17 We are not called to have confidence in men. Especially men that are religious and influential like Mr. Religion. I am sure that Mr. Religion is very well educated. His use of words is excellent, unlike this poor uneducated country boy that had to drop out of High School to support himself.

The Corinthians said that Paul's bodily presence was weak and his speech was contemptible, 2 Corinthians 10:10. I can identify with Paul there. No show boat religion here, just the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I would rather be right than religious and popular. Mr. Religion has over 120 friends. I think that I might have 20. After this article it will probably go to 0.

My biggest complaint against Mr. Religion is that he does not believe that "Jesus is Lord". If you believe that "Jesus is Lord" then you must believe that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Mr. Religion does not believe any of that, nor does he believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To not believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ is a really, really, big problem. Jesus said, "I therefore say unto you, that you shall die in your sins: FOR IF YOU BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS" John 8:24. It is imperative that you believe that Jesus is Lord or God if you want to be saved. Jesus sits in heaven as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation19:16. Having conquered sin, death and the devil.

If Jesus has conquered sin, death and the devil and has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. then who needs Mr. Religions worthless, Calvinist religion? All Calvinist are deniers of the Gospel. The foundation of the Gospel is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, not just some sins, but all sins, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Not just some selected few, but all that want to be saved.

Mr. Religion's religion stinks and is full of heresy's and lies. "God does so love the world" John 3:16 and not just you, you proud Pharisee. Unless you repent from your false religion you will most certainly perish, just as you should for rejecting the Gospel.

You don't agree with AMR, and he doesn't agree with you. I agree with you on some things and AMR on other things. Maybe we should all just have meltdowns like Evil Eye did and we can choose up sides and have hissy fits filled with vile words.

glorydaz

Mr. Religion has over 120 friends. I think that I might have 20. After this article it will probably go to 0.

People have to request a friendship. I don't have many, either, but I'd certainly consider you a friend.

Mr. Religion does not believe any of that, nor does he believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To not believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ is a really, really, big problem. Jesus said, "I therefore say unto you, that you shall die in your sins: FOR IF YOU BELIEVE NOT THAT I AM HE, YOU SHALL DIE IN YOUR SINS" John 8:24.

If Jesus actually atoned for the sins of the whole world, then why would some die in their sins? And why must some still face the wrath of God? Colossians 3:6 Paul tells us that "propitiation" is through faith in His blood. The whole world doesn't have faith in His blood. Romans 3:25

The foundation of the Gospel is that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, not just some sins, but all sins, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. Not just some selected few, but all that want to be saved.

There are many more verses than the ones you cite. And I think some of your charges are exaggerated. You're reacting. Over reacting.

You talk like that about AMR's "religion", but you have some problems with your own, Robert. You should stop now before you follow down the path of Evil Eye. You're reacting. :nono:

Robert Pate

Banned
I cannot fellowship with anyone that teaches God predestinates people to hell before they are born. Nor can I fellowship with anyone that professes that Jesus is not the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is to say that Jesus is NOT Lord.

Be careful with who and with what you fellowship with. You may find yourself in the same boat with them.

Epoisses

The great lie of Calvinism is that God ordains men and women to hell before they were born. This is heresy pure and simple and an attack on the character of God himself. The one requirement in the bible for Salvation is belief in Christ. Belief in Christ is presented as a command 20 times for every one time it is presented as a gift. Our presentation of the gospel should reflect this and in the scriptures the command comes first and later believers slowly begin to realize that everything they have comes from God. Calvinists reject all NT commands (faith, love, patience etc.) and are left with their bastardized gospel where the saved are those who win the cosmic lottery of chance.

glorydaz

I cannot fellowship with anyone that teaches God predestinates people to hell before they are born. Nor can I fellowship with anyone that professes that Jesus is not the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To say that Jesus did not atone for the sins of the whole world is to say that Jesus is NOT Lord.

Be careful with who and with what you fellowship with. You may find yourself in the same boat with them.

Why will some men face the wrath of God?

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.​

Robert Pate

Banned
Why will some men face the wrath of God?

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.​

Some will face the wrath of God simply because they love their sins. Just like some religious people love their religion more than they love Christ.

glorydaz

Some will face the wrath of God simply because they love their sins. Just like some religious people love their religion more than they love Christ.

So, in other words, you aren't saying that Jesus atoned for the sins of all men.

Maybe atone doesn't mean the same to you as it does to me. Could you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.