More losing for Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Congress dealt a blow to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’s school choice agenda in a tentative spending bill released late Wednesday, rejecting her attempt to spend more than $1 billion promoting choice-friendly policies and private school vouchers.

DeVos had sought to cut Education Department funding by $3.6 billion — about 5 percent. Among other cuts, she wanted to eliminate funding for after-school programs for needy youth and ax a grant program that helps low-income students go to college in favor of spending more than $1 billion to promote charter schools, magnet schools and private school vouchers. Her proposal also outlined cuts to the Office for Civil Rights because the office had grown more efficient, she said, a move that outraged Democrats and civil rights groups.

Her budget also eliminated grant programs that supported student mental-health services — a move that received scrutiny in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Fla. DeVos said her budget reflected her policy priorities and her attempts to roll back the role the federal government plays in schools.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...enda-in-spending-bill/?utm_term=.eaef65656bc2

Except for private schools, of course. She wants our tax dollars to go to those. Problem is, when she tried to privatize Michigan schools, the results were worse than the public school results.

Her attempt to stop minority students from going to college, so that her private school friends can pay less tuition was likely the last straw; even many republicans couldn't go with that.

Sorry Trump.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
DeVoss's plan would provide federal funding for the same sort of scams that are now being played out in the "alternative college" schemes.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Barb, permit me to give you a wee bit of advice? I can't help noticing the fact that you keep churning out 'anti-Trump' threads on a continuing frequency, but, wouldn't it be more frugal of you to have your MAIN base of anti-Trump Tripe on ONE single thread, while on your other 'creations' you can have another subject in mind? Wouldn't that make more sense to even, YOU? Don't think I don't have any empathy for your plight, quite the contrary, I really feel sorry for you in a very sympathetic way. Soreloseritis is a debilitating disease of the mind and isn't easily remedied.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barb, permit me to give you a wee bit of advice? I can't help noticing the fact that you keep churning out 'anti-Trump' threads on a continuing frequency,

There's a lot of it to cover, isn't there? I'm only getting to the more prominent stuff. I have noticed your obsession with me, though. You've been following me around a lot.

Which is creepy, but risible in a way.

Carry on.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Barb, permit me to give you a wee bit of advice? I can't help noticing the fact that you keep churning out 'anti-Trump' threads on a continuing frequency, but, wouldn't it be more frugal of you to have your MAIN base of anti-Trump Tripe on ONE single thread, while on your other 'creations' you can have another subject in mind? Wouldn't that make more sense to even, YOU? Don't think I don't have any empathy for your plight, quite the contrary, I really feel sorry for you in a very sympathetic way. Soreloseritis is a debilitating disease of the mind and isn't easily remedied.

BBKalcP.img

Just another heavy handed attempt by Comrade Grosnick Marowbe to limit the number of threads criticizing Trump!

Given that Trump critics are regularly excluded from those threads started by Marowbe and his friends, this is all part of their campaign to suppress free speech!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
BBKalcP.img

Just another heavy handed attempt by Comrade Grosnick Marowbe to limit the number of threads criticizing Trump!

Given that Trump critics are regularly excluded from those threads started by Marowbe and his friends, this is all part of their campaign to suppress free speech!

When a species of animal or plant are unable to survive in competition without help, we set aside preserves so that they can survive. Those "special" threads are there for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.