More Liberal Censorship

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Fresno State professor rubs out anti-abortion chalk message

Two Fresno State students are suing a professor for erasing anti-abortion messages they wrote in sidewalk chalk on campus earlier this month, claiming their free speech rights were violated.

Video footage shows Greg Thatcher, a professor of public health, scrubbing out messages like “women need love, not abortion” with his shoe and instructing other students to do the same.

To read the rest of the article click HERE.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
They obviously aren't very good students.

Sorry MrDante, I hit edit instead of reply. But since you didn't consider what the professor did (on purpose) to the message of those pro-lifers to be censorship, I guess you won't mind your message being accidentally censored by me. Right?

Anyway, here's how I was trying to respond:

From Vocabulary.com: "Censorship blocks something from being read, heard, or seen."

The professor blocked the message from being read. Therefore, the professor engaged in censorship.

MrDante

Sorry MrDante, I hit edit instead of reply. But since you didn't consider what the professor did (on purpose) to the message of those pro-lifers to be censorship, I guess you won't mind your message being accidentally censored by me. Right?
Since I've joined this forum I've gotten used to it.

Anyway, here's how I was trying to respond:

From Vocabulary.com: "Censorship blocks something from being read, heard, or seen."

The professor blocked the message from being read. Therefore, the professor engaged in censorship.

So if a student writes an obscene message on the blackboard of this professor's lecture hall the professor can't erase it and get on with class without being sued?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So if a student writes an obscene message on the blackboard of this professor's lecture hall the professor can't erase it and get on with class without being sued?
Rational people understand that a university sidewalk "belongs" to all students, primarily to the university. They also understand that a classroom "belongs" to the professor. It is *his* classroom. Students shoud be allowed to disagree with the professor in his classroom but they should not be allowed to disrupt the classroom. An obscene message on the blackboard disrupts the classroom. If the teacher is not allowed to erase a message on the blackboard in order to write instructional outlines for the course the students have paid for, that would be allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Personally, I wouldn't have chalked a message on the school's sidewalk because it's not *my* sidewalk. My dorm window, however, is *mine*. I would consider putting a sign on my dorm window. If I saw a pro-abortion message on a school sidewalk, I would not erase it because I would consider that act to be political censorship on my part. Lefties, on the other hand, have a completely different, arrogant, pro-censorship attitude for anything they disagree with.

I wouldn't have sued the professor, but I would have accused him of being a Nazi fascist. Suppressing the political speech of their opponents is exactly what Hitler's Nazi brown shirts did.

Nice role model lefties.