More Liberal Censorship

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
College suspends student who challenged Muslim prof’s claim that Jesus’ crucifixion a hoax

A Florida college student was suspended after he challenged a Muslim professor who claimed that Jesus’ crucifixion at Calvary was a hoax.

To read the rest of the article click HERE.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
College suspends student who challenged Muslim prof’s claim that Jesus’ crucifixion a hoax
A Florida college student was suspended after he challenged a Muslim professor who claimed that Jesus’ crucifixion at Calvary was a hoax.

But that's not why he was suspended, is it?

From the Orlando Sentinel:
The next day, Polston emailed her.

“Since you’ve decided to carry out a blitzkrieg out against me,” he wrote, “I may have to speak up in regards to your extreme bias and not necessarily to the class but to the dean.”

He wrote that he would contact “national media personalities that I’m good friends with” or take legal action.

Zufari was so concerned that she canceled class. Later that evening, a Rollins College associate dean went to let students know there was no class when she noticed Polston, according to an email she wrote Miller.

They struck up a conversation — about his email, his dispute with Zufari, different religions — and he mentioned guns several times, she said.

“At no point did he threaten anyone openly, but I was very uncomfortable by his continued reference to guns, generalized categories of people by religion and his obvious nervousness and disdain for the professor,
” she wrote to Miller on March 9.

And the student has been reinstated (whoops... there goes that "liberal censorship"):

The issue gained national attention on conservative websites and Fox News
as Marshall Polston, 20, of Orlando, said he disagreed with his professor’s teachings on Christianity. He was temporarily suspended March 24.

Rollins College President Grant Cornwell declined to comment on the specifics of Polston’s discipline hearing because of student privacy laws. Cornwell said he, the trustees and deans had received 10,000 emails, “most of which were — I could not repeat because I am a decent person. They were filled with hatred and violent imagery,” he said.

It seems some of this on both sides could be classified as 'he said, she said,' but I can see why, for safety reasons, the student would have been suspended until things were sorted out. The university has an obligation to all students and professors to maintain a safe campus.

Last edited:

eider

But that's not why he was suspended, is it?

From the Orlando Sentinel:
The next day, Polston emailed her.

“Since you’ve decided to carry out a blitzkrieg out against me,” he wrote, “I may have to speak up in regards to your extreme bias and not necessarily to the class but to the dean.”

He wrote that he would contact “national media personalities that I’m good friends with” or take legal action.

Zufari was so concerned that she canceled class. Later that evening, a Rollins College associate dean went to let students know there was no class when she noticed Polston, according to an email she wrote Miller.

They struck up a conversation — about his email, his dispute with Zufari, different religions — and he mentioned guns several times, she said.

“At no point did he threaten anyone openly, but I was very uncomfortable by his continued reference to guns, generalized categories of people by religion and his obvious nervousness and disdain for the professor,
” she wrote to Miller on March 9.

And the student has been reinstated (whoops... there goes that "liberal censorship"):

The issue gained national attention on conservative websites and Fox News
as Marshall Polston, 20, of Orlando, said he disagreed with his professor’s teachings on Christianity. He was temporarily suspended March 24.

Rollins College President Grant Cornwell declined to comment on the specifics of Polston’s discipline hearing because of student privacy laws. Cornwell said he, the trustees and deans had received 10,000 emails, “most of which were — I could not repeat because I am a decent person. They were filled with hatred and violent imagery,” he said.

It seems some of this on both sides could be classified as 'he said, she said,' but I can see why, for safety reasons, the student would have been suspended until things were sorted out. The university has an obligation to all students and professors to maintain a safe campus.

Now why didn't the OP mention those underlying facts?
Health and Safety in trhe Community is not about liberal politics, or republican politics, it's about SAFETY IN THE COMMUNITY.

Your post was an exzcellent balance to the OPs.