More and more people taking the red pill

Gary K

Banned
In this article by John Stossel, a well-known libertarian, he comments on why so many people are leaving the mockingbird media behind.

Below this is an excerpt of Stossel's article, with the rest of the article and short video to be found at the following link: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...discovering-truth-about-mainstream-media.html

In the movie “The Matrix,” swallowing a red pill reveals the truth, while downing a blue pill leaves you trapped in illusion.
Today, in the parlance of some political activists, “taking the red pill” means seeing the lies of mainstream media -- and learning the truth.
“People don't care to watch CNN anymore: People pay attention to YouTubers,” says Candace Owens. Owens is a young black woman who created a YouTube site she calls Red Pill Black. “My second video went trending worldwide with 80 million views.”
My new internet videos sometimes reach 10 million people; I consider that a lot. This woman’s video reached 80 million?

She released it shortly after a man at a Charlottesville, Virginia, white supremacist rally drove his car into a crowd of protesters, killing a woman.
At that time, media coverage of racism was everywhere. Cable news talked about “America’s lack of racial progress” and threats to minorities posed by white nationalists.
“CNN was trying to sell to me, as a black person, that the KKK was alive and well,” Owens added. “That was ridiculous.”
In her video, she sarcastically shouts, “OMG, Charlottesville! White supremacy is alive and well!” Then she goes on to argue, “Black people have scarier things on the horizon than the almost-endangered species of white supremacy.”
Owens also objects to the way the media cover police brutality. It leads some people to believe that the biggest threat to young blacks is the police.
“Fact No. 1: Approximately 93 percent of black homicide victims are killed by other black people,” she says.
I pushed back, pointing out that there still is plenty of racism, and some innocent people have been tortured by police.
“That's absolutely right. Some innocent people have also been struck by lightning. Sixteen unarmed black men were killed by police officers in 2016. If you are watching CNN you would’ve thought it happened every single day. OK? That’s a problem.”
Owens (correctly) said thousands of young black men were killed by other black men, whereas “sixteen represents .00004 percent of the black community.”

People such as the leftist posters on this site are a dying breed, but the mockingbird media doesn't want you to understand that. They overinflate the size of their protests, suppress everything coming from the conservative side that they can, and they are still losing. It just goes to show how powerful truth really is. The more they attack truth and try to rub it out the more that burnishing of truth makes it shine, and the more people there are that find it and accept it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Stossel has some good ideas. He just happens to package them in a way that tends to anger people who might otherwise buy the notion of limited government.

And he's not very self-aware. He once mocked a "professional wrestler" for being a fake, after which said wrestler assaulted him. He then sued the wrestler.

And then he did a program mocking people who do stupid things, and then when it goes badly, sue people over it. He was very right about this issue. But he undercut himself with his behavior.

But he does have some good ideas; he just packages them badly. I think I know why. His income depends on being confrontational and emotional. That attracts supporters, and offends a lot of other people. And controversy makes money.

Nothing annoys me more than someone I agree with, who presents those ideas badly.

Gary K

Banned
Only an arrogant idiot gets mad at truth. Getting mad at truth is a sign of being completely incapable of dealing with truth. Truth is always truth no matter how it is presented and to disavow truth because a person doesn't like how it is presented only shows the shallowness and arrogance of the hearer. And a person like that will disavow truth no matter how it is presented.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Only an arrogant idiot gets mad at truth.

Perhaps you didn't read carefully. I find it annoying when someone tries to support a position with which I agree, with faulty thinking.

Getting mad at truth is a sign of being completely incapable of dealing with truth.

Funny how people never know that applies to them, um? But unless you intended to post in a different thread, you're confused.

Truth is always truth no matter how it is presented

Yes. But faulty arguments for a true conclusion are harmful to the truth. And that matters.

and to disavow truth because a person doesn't like how it is presented

Again, you seem to have not read things carefully. I'm annoyed when someone supports things I believe to be true with faulty arguments. You do understand that doesn't mean I change what I believe just because someone does that, right? If you thought about it for a minute, I'm sure you'd see that.

only shows the shallowness and arrogance of the hearer.

I don't think you're shallow or arrogant; I think you didn't read carefully.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Finally sleepy. I just had surgery, and my sleep pattern was disrupted. See you tomorrow.

41013899811_0d50cc4297_b.jpg